July 28th "mid-day meet & greet"

1 view

Kayak Kouple

Jul 15, 2007, 3:32:39 PM7/15/07
to New Hampshire Geocaching
I thought I made a post earlier today but I cannot see it posted, so I
will try to post it again.

On Saturday, July 28th their will be 2 events. One before the kayaking
activities, hosted by Kim of Meandmydogs, and 1 after hosted by Dick &
Nancy of Kayak Kouple. This is due to the fact that geocaching/
groundspeak/gpsfun has stated that an event is only for "meeting &
greeting" and no activities such as geocaching, kayaking etc should
take place as part of / during the event.
I think that the Granite State Geocachers should be present or
represented at ALL geocaching events How else will we get new members
or fellow cachers involved? I also feel that all G.S.G. meetings
should always be 'open' for the same reason as stated above.
The 'Mid-day Meet & Greet' is open to all cachers whether they have
kayaked their way there or were out caching in the area or just want
to get together with everyone to 'meet & greet' and catch up and share
all those great caching adventures.
Many may already know this area, it is the boat launch site at the
beginning of last years kayaking event with Meandmydogs. It is a nice
area and great for a quick picnic or swimming or both. It will be the
end station for this years Meandmydogs or 'MADDOGS' kayaking event.

The Granite State Geocachers are more than welcome to pass out the
golden NH geocoins at this event. I think that the idea of raffling
off 1 or 2 extra coins to non-members, will bring everyone together
and maybe also bring new members to G.S.G.. I think it be be a
positive event for the GSG.
Reguardless of what is decided, I am for an 'open' event.

Nancy / Kayak Kouple (who will NOT be kayaking this year & am looking
forward to the mid-day event)

ma...@nhvt.net

Jul 16, 2007, 3:22:45 PM7/16/07
to Kayak Kouple, New Hampshire Geocaching
Hi NH Geocachers!

Somehow Bev and I both had missed out on this happening. But this July
28th event(s) will work out PERFECTLY for us Off Trackers and Kimba
Off-Track also. We will plan on giving out the Geocoins at the midday
event to everyone on the NH Geocachers list, and we will have two extras
to be raffled off to anyone who is not a member.

This all should be great fun! Looking forward to seeing you all a week
from Saturday!

Mandy & Bev, Off Trackers

Too Tall John

Jul 22, 2007, 9:58:16 AM7/22/07
to New Hampshire Geocaching
I've been asked if I would be willing/able to present something about
the GSG at this event. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend as
midday Saturday I'll be up to my elbows in alligators at camp.
(Figuratively, of course.) I will be putting together a little flier
that can get distributed, but it would still be nice if someone could
stand up & say something. Any volunteers? I'll help set up some
talking points if you want...

I will be there in spirit!

Peace,

John

Bass.Chaz

Jul 24, 2007, 7:27:00 PM7/24/07
to New Hampshire Geocaching
What are the GC numbers for tese events so we can get the word out!
I never would have known this had I not been casually surfing!
And heres another reason we need to communicate better

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=7f326cc2-9efa-40e0-ae87-284a87e53c54

Kayak Kouple

Jul 25, 2007, 7:06:43 AM7/25/07
to New Hampshire Geocaching

One of the great features on subscribing to this google site is
receiving any new posts automatically in my mail box. Therefore
surfing is not required to be informed. I think that this feature is
offered to subscribers to this google group.
As to the 2 geocaching Events to take place on the 28th of July, they
have been posted for almost 2 months. They can be found at the top of
your search page on the geocaching website, "newest caches in NH".
The decision to pass out the golden NH geocoins at the mid day meet &
greet was determined and posted on the 16th of July by the designers
and holders of the golden, special edition geocoins.
The discussion about passing out these coins has been ongoing for a
few months on this google/GSG website.
Here are the gc numbers for the 2 events on the 28th;
GC142VW "MEAN DOGs" Start Your Day with a Meet and Greet
GC1447Q Mid-day Meet & Greet Picnic

Both events are 'meet & greets'. Everyone is welcome to attend one or
both events and either boat or cache in the area between events and
later meet to have a picnic together.

The Granite State Geocachers still need a GSG member to be present at
the mid day event on the 28th of July who would like to represent
the Granite State Geocachers group. Who would like to volunteer to do
this ????

Another question to be answered, as mentioned by Bass.Chaz, is there
any other way to inform members of the Granite State Geocachers of
upcoming GSG events? Or should we assume that all members check out
this site on a regular bases, or are signed up for automatic
notification of new posts?

On Jul 24, 7:27 pm, "Bass.Chaz" <Bass.C...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are the GC numbers for tese events so we can get the word out!
> I never would have known this had I not been casually surfing!
> And heres another reason we need to communicate better
>

> http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=7f326cc2-9efa-40e0-ae87-...

> > forward to the mid-day event)- Hide quoted text -

Mrs. Want2bemore

Jul 25, 2007, 9:20:39 AM7/25/07
to New Hampshire Geocaching
Well, I would volunteer to be the GSG member, but I have to
work...which I am so bummed, because I have missed the past few
meetings for one reason or another.

If you want, I could post any future gatherings on the discussion
board in a pinned topic. What I think we need is a calendar of some
sort. I thought that we used to have one on the website, but I don't
see one anymore. Let me know what you think!