Are we all set with event

kimba off track

Jul 12, 2007, 10:42:39 AM7/12/07
to New Hampshire Geocaching
Is the event a go in Northwood??? I hope so!!! I cant wait to meet
and greet and give out the coins. I can bring food,,,does anyone want
to power cache before or after??? Lets get going here...post the
meeting,plan and lets have fun....
I will be staying in Grantham,looking to power cache a few days

Too Tall John

Jul 12, 2007, 11:20:46 AM7/12/07
to New Hampshire Geocaching
I agree...

I guess what it depends on is if Amy, Ray and the Golden Guiders are
still up for this, and when is best for them. If this won't work,
hopefully someone else can come forward to set something up. I'd
think that an event at the end of a day of "power caching" would be a
good time to be able to share stories with each other. How's a
Saturday afternoon/evening sound?

Peace,

John

Fullswing Builders

Jul 12, 2007, 2:20:28 PM7/12/07
to Too Tall John, New Hampshire Geocaching
Hello everyone,
I,m not sure if you're aware of this, but there is a posted event for 12:30
on July 28th by Kayak Kouple. "Mid Day Meet and Greet Picnic" GC1447Q This
is in Boscawen, which is just a little northwest of Concord. The event is a
follow up of a Kayak event earlier that day by Meandmydogs.GC142VW Both
events are sponsored by (I believe) by cachers belonging to this group. So
if this is the Saturday you have in mind, you already have a posted place to
go. If you don't want to do the kayak thing, you can power cache in the
area. Being the home town of Meandmydogs you know there are plenty there.lol
Cheers ray

Kayak Kouple

Jul 15, 2007, 1:03:56 PM7/15/07
to New Hampshire Geocaching
Hi all,

The 2 events mentioned on Saturday , July 28th is actually 1 event but
due to the rules by geocaching/groundspeak/ gpsfun we are no longer
allowed to host an event that involves any activities during the event
( like geocaching, kayaking etc) Therefore Meandmydogs will host the
morning "meet & greet" before the kayaking begins and Kayak Kouple
will host the aftermath "mid-day meet & greet".
Therefore the "mid-day meet & greet" is exactly that. Many cachers who
would not be able to attend the activities between these 2 events, Ms
KK included, and therefore opportunities are there for fellow cachers
to cache in the area. It is also a great time for all fellow
geocachers to get together and share their adventure stories. A nice
place for a picnic and/or swin too.
As for The Granite State Geocachers hosting a 'closed' or 'not closed'
event. How will the Granite State Geocachers pick up new members if we
are not present at geocaching events ? I think the idea of raffling
off 1 or 2 'golden-NH geocoins' to those who will not recieve one is a
great idea. Therefore 'everyone' is included.
I think reguardless of where or when this event for handing out the
coins is planned that it should be an "open' event,

> > I will be staying in Grantham,looking to power cache a few days- Hide quoted text -

Kayak Kouple

Solid Rock Seekers

Jul 16, 2007, 11:26:02 AM7/16/07
to Kayak Kouple, New Hampshire Geocaching
On 7/15/07, Kayak Kouple <nst...@msn.com> wrote:
> The 2 events mentioned on Saturday , July 28th is actually 1 event but
> due to the rules by geocaching/groundspeak/ gpsfun we are no longer
> allowed to host an event that involves any activities during the event
> ( like geocaching, kayaking etc)

Wow. I'm really surprised by those event restrictions. I believe
you, but can you point me to where those restrictions are on the
website so that I can email the appropriate people to suggest changes
to their restrictions?

Thanks,

--ken