2019 New England Lightning Class District Championship and Fleet 301 Spring Regatta, June 39-30-2019

Bretton Gardner

May 22, 2019, 9:54:11 PM5/22/19
to New England District-Lightning Class
Happy Summer Lightning Sailors!

Although it might not always feel like it, summer is here dag-namit!!

Attached is the information that I know you have allllll been waiting for... the NOR for the first and most important New England Lightning Regatta of the Year!!

This year, Fleet 301, the Malletts Bay Boat Club and the NE Lightning District is hosting a dual event to celebrate the 2019 New England District Championship and the Fleet 301 Spring Regatta. We are hoping and expecting a great turnout and therefore are breaking out the big guns and moving the race course to our legendary Outer Malletts Bay!!

Don't miss out on this one as you will certainly regret it. The racing will be tight and the party will be rockin'!

Please let me know if you would like housing as that can be accommodated given some advanced notice. I also may be able to find sailors for those who want to attend but are struggling finding crew.

So get your best team assembled, dial in your boat and make sure to be here on June 29-30th!

Cheers,

Bretton
NOR_Fleet 301 Spring Regatta- NEDC_2019.docx

Bretton Gardner

Jul 4, 2019, 9:35:00 AM7/4/19
to New England District-Lightning Class
Hi All,

Great times last weekend, thanks for everyone who made the trip north!

See the link below for a bunch of fantastic photos taken by our great friend Will Strehlow. Enjoy!

Bill Fastiggi

Dec 30, 2019, 11:11:08 AM12/30/19
to New England District-Lightning Class
I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season and is thinking about the upcoming year of sailing Lightnings.

We are going to hold our winter meeting in January – date yet TBD – but are thinking that it will be a conference call on a Sunday evening, mid to later in the month.
Can Fleet Captains/Representatives contact me directly and let me know what weekend you would like to host a regatta.

Lake Sunapee has fallen through for the 2020 Districts, so tentatively they will be hosted at Brian Gibb’s home club – The Jubilee YC in Beverly, MA on June 27 and 28.  We will firm this up before the meeting.

Tentatively MBBC Spring regatta will go back to the traditional – weekend after Memorial Day – which is early this year  - May 30/31.
Can I please hear from Squam, Massabesic, and Bow Lake to let me know which weekend/day works best for your fleet/club?
Also – Newfound Lake – around the lake race – Do we know if they are planning that again this year?

Please let me know a tentative date before January 8th so we can put together the tentantive schedule and the details of the winter meeting and email them out to everyone.
Thanks and Happy New Year!

Bill Fastiggi – District Commodore
Brian Gibbs – District Secretary/Treasurer

Bill Fastiggi
Vermont Sailing Partners
150 West Canal St.
Winooski, VT 05404