New England District winter meeting - Save the date

Bill Fastiggi

Jan 28, 2019, 6:10:22 PM1/28/19
to New England District-Lightning Class
Save the date!

New England District Winter Meeting will be held Thursday, February 7th at 6:30 PM.
This will be a Tele-Conference meeting.

Agenda, tentative schedule, and call-in details to follow.

Bill Fastiggi
Vermont Sailing Partners
150 West Canal St.
Winooski, VT 05404
802-655 SAIL (7245)
www.vtsailing.com

Ted Hardenbergh

Jan 28, 2019, 11:56:51 PM1/28/19
to Bill Fastiggi, New England District-Lightning Class
New England Classmates:

I will be (true horror...) racing Etchells in FL that weekend and will be in transit towing.  Will try to make the call, but cannot be sure.

Regarding Districts, two items from my mind...

1) Timing: would request we do the event after public schools are typically out, so no earlier than weekend of June 29th
2) Location: Rob Dresser indicated we may be able to run them out of Sunapee Yacht Club.  Lake Sunapee is a beautiful venue.  The club has a hoist.  The location is central to the active fleets and would be neutral waters for all!  If there were an option to do it there, I would vote a hearty “yes.”

I think some of your may have seen the emails and it looks like the Massabesic regatta is slated for 9/21-22, after the Bow Lake event on 9/14

Not sure if it will come up, but I did like the season district high-point award.  Thanks, Bob for resurrecting!

Our family now has two boats - I have bought an old district boat: Quick Silver, USA 13828, from Moe L’Heureux.  I am hoping it is not waterlogged (an old Allen, had thought foam not in this vintage but Tom Allen Jr. indicated otherwise)- however, was specially laid up and has been in heated indoor storage for 14 years.  Tommy will be sailing some with his friends, not sure if he will travel yet, but will try to encourage him to.

Last item: Anything we can do to keep the UNH college sailors involved, we should do.  If I recall, the condition of boats they have available is so-so, maybe we could find way to improve?

Looking forward to another great year of racing.

Cheers, all.

Ted
White Squall
USA 14072