reminder for tonight!

Karen Cook

Sep 27, 2023, 4:07:43 PM9/27/23
to Never Too Old (A YA Book Club for Adults)
Hey all,

Just a reminder that we are meeting tonight at 7:00 at the Book Cellar. It is a discussion of We Are Not Free.

Unfortunately, I cannot attend, but I will hopefully see everyone next month.

Karen

Kathryn Schoerner

Sep 27, 2023, 7:02:48 PM9/27/23
to Karen Cook, Never Too Old (A YA Book Club for Adults)
Hi,

Hope to see many of you tonight! The author's note mentioned several of the other internment camps, and it reminded me of something I had seen in an episode of the PBS show Artbound about Giant Robot magazine. The magazine did an issue about the Manzanar camp some time around the late 90s. I thought I'd share it just in case it was interesting to others. The clip is 2 minutes and 45 seconds long: https://www.pbs.org/video/why-giant-robot-skateboarded-at-manzanar/

See you soon!
Kathy

Karen Cook

Sep 29, 2023, 10:22:00 PM9/29/23
to Never Too Old (A YA Book Club for Adults)
Also, just a reminder to all:
next month's meeting was moved forward to 10/18. We're reading The Babysitter's Coven

Karen