updates

Karen Cook

Jul 18, 2023, 8:23:29 PM7/18/23
to Never Too Old (A YA Book Club for Adults)
Hey all!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic summer.
We've found a host for our event next Wednesday. Denise has generously offered to host at her place. We'll plan for a potluck dinner and quick discussion of Enola Holmes, followed by an outdoor showing of the movie!

If you need Denise's address, please reach out to her personally, as we don't want to advertise it on this rather public email list!

A few other updates. The Book Cellar is planning an in-store author event on 10/25 at 7p, and so we'll move that day forward to 10/18.
If you are interested in the event, they said it's a YA book and formerly-local author:
Caleb Roehrig, "Teach The Torches to Burn"

Let me know if you have questions!
Karen

Rocio Eljaiek Juan

Jul 18, 2023, 9:30:02 PM7/18/23
to Karen Cook, Never Too Old (A YA Book Club for Adults)
Have fun on Wednesday! I have company coming and won’t be able to make it!
Rocio

Rachel Herman

Jul 19, 2023, 9:35:17 AM7/19/23
to Never Too Old (A YA Book Club for Adults)
That sounds amazing. I'll be on a cruise to Italy but I hope you enjoy! Enola Holmes is a great movie and Millie Bobbie Brown is great in it. The got a solid cast too with Cavil as Sherlock Holmes.

Denise Santomauro

Jul 21, 2023, 11:24:35 AM7/21/23
to Never Too Old (A YA Book Club for Adults)
Hi everyone!
I was looking at the weather today, and the real feel high is supposed to be near 100 . Let's plan to be outside, but I may say let's move indoors depending on the temp.

Since the sun doesn't really go down until after 8, let's plan to meet at 7:30, discuss the book for 30-45 minutes, and then plan to start the movie around 8:15. Also, while I have some lawn chairs, if you have a camping chair you could bring, that would be helpful.

I've gotten a few questions about the potluck too, and I'm up for whatever! As it's a later start, though, I think snacky foods make more sense than stuff for dinner.

See you next week!

Denise Santomauro

Nancy Lowenthal

Jul 25, 2023, 2:01:37 PM7/25/23
to Rocio Eljaiek Juan, Karen Cook, Never Too Old (A YA Book Club for Adults)
I'm not able to make it this time.  And still waiting on the book, my hold has been in transit FOREVER!

Hope everyone's having a great summer.

Nancy

to Never Too Old (A YA Book Club for Adults)
Hey everyone,
The real feel is still in the mid-90s, and it looks like there's a chance for severe weather, so we'll move this party indoors! My apartment is 2S. Just buzz when you get here, and I'll let you in. And FYI, I have a small dog who can be a bit of a jerk when she first meets people, so just ignore her when you come in, and she'll eventually chill out.

See you in a bit!

Denise Santomauro