fear of public speaking

sim

Nov 17, 2010, 3:11:59 PM11/17/10
to neurovr2.0
Hi,

I am looking at the NeuroVR 2 system and have a few questions:

1) Is there a fear of public speaking application available for the
NeuroVr2 or is that something I would have to build from scratch using
the editor?

2) To do a basic Fear of Public speaking, I was thinking of getting an
eMagin z800 HMD. I already have biofeedback devices. Do I also need an
orientation tracker, or would the helmet be enough?

3) I have heard of people getting nauseous using an HMD if the
computer is not strong enough because of latency issues. What is the
recommended hardware (aside from the strong video card) so that it is
a smooth experience.

Thank you
Sim

liamN

Jan 11, 2011, 7:46:42 AM1/11/11
to neurovr2.0
2) There should be a motion tracker built into the emagin, it's what
i've been using and it just works straight away with NeuroVR.
http://www.3dvisor.com/index.php

liamN

Jan 14, 2011, 10:09:31 AM1/14/11
to neurovr2.0
1) I'm not aware of any that I've come across when looking into stuff,
however there are some scenes already in neurovr (such as the
auditorium or classroom scenes) that could probably be modified for
public speaking by adding people in the seats (maybe with differnt
"reactions" to the speaker that can be triggered during the session?).
I know of one similar project using VR for public speaking but I've
not looked into it deeply, theres some details here:
http://reference.kfupm.edu.sa/content/e/x/an_experiment_on_fear_of_public_speaking_110506.pdf