Neurosynth/Nimare Decoding

Ole Jonas Böken

Jan 28, 2021, 5:51:12 AM1/28/21
to neurosynth

Hi,

We are aiming to decode some .nii images with Nimare/Neurosynth. I followed the „decoding“ example on the Nimare Webpage and was able to successfully implement the NeurosynthDecoder. Now, I have some questions regarding the interpretation of the results. On the Neurosynth Webpage you are using the terms „uniformity" and „association test“. The Nimare results table however is displaying probReverse and probForward values (e.g.). Is there anywhere a more elaborate documentation on how you calculate these values via Nimare? Or are they basically just calculated with bayesian statistics (meaning probReverse is the posterior probability)?

Thanks in advance!

Ole

Tal Yarkoni

Feb 1, 2021, 10:00:56 AM2/1/21
to neurosy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ole,

Good question, and I'm not entirely sure. I suggest asking on NeuroStars (tag with NiMARE) or the NiMARE GitHub repository.

Best,

Tal

Ole Jonas Böken

Feb 2, 2021, 5:08:30 AM2/2/21
to neurosynth
Hi Tal,

thanks for your reply! Will try it on Neurostars or on Github.

Best,

Ole