Interpreting gene expression maps

Marlene Tahedl

Nov 28, 2019, 3:00:41 AM11/28/19
to neurosynth
Hi,
I'd be interested to know how exactly the gene expression maps were generated based on the Allen Atlas. The way the meta-analyses maps are computed is explained pretty well in the Nature Methods paper; however I have trouble to interpret the gene expression maps. For example, I'd like to know what the intensity values mean. In the meta-analyses maps, these are mostly z-values. However, what are they in the gene expression maps? I tried to find a documentation on this, but I couldn't. Am I missing something?
I would really appreciate your input here. Thank you in advance!
Marlene