Update on Neuros

Joe Born

Jun 25, 2011, 11:39:48 PM6/25/11
to neu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Talking with Nero today I realized how long it's been since I've given
the list an update.

First, most of you have no doubt noticed Neuros has exited the
consumer facing business (at least for the time being). We've done
this in order to focus our attention on licensing and private label.
These are products Neuros  designs, develops and manufactures for
other consumer brands. this is a strategy that really allows us to
focus on our strengths in engineering and innovation.

Over the coming weeks and months I'll be talking more specifically
about some of the products we'll be launching.  We focused on 2 main
areas of peripherals: controllers and android accessories.  I believe
they are products a lot of you will have some interest in.

I think you'll be excited to see the amount of progress we've quietly
made over the last year. In the meantime I just wanted to drop a quick
note to let you know we're still alive and chugging along.

Joe

Fernando Cassia

Jun 28, 2011, 5:05:36 PM6/28/11
to neu...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 00:39, Joe Born <jb...@neurostechnology.com> wrote:
> First, most of you have no doubt noticed Neuros has exited the
> consumer facing business (at least for the time being). We've done
> this in order to focus our attention on licensing and private label.
> These are products Neuros  designs, develops and manufactures for
> other consumer brands. this is a strategy that really allows us to
> focus on our strengths in engineering and innovation.

What did I say?
http://open.neurostechnology.com/node/755

;-)

In any case, good luck with your efforts!. Can you tell us a bit more
about is Neuros designing products for?.

FC

Joe Born

Jun 28, 2011, 6:22:43 PM6/28/11
to neu...@googlegroups.com

It's always been something we've sought to do.  A reasonable fraction
of OSDs were sold under other brands actually.  But now it is, indeed,
more of a focus.

> In any case, good luck with your efforts!. Can you tell us a bit more
> about is Neuros designing products for?.

Two main areas:  controllers for connected devices.  Ie next
generation remote controls.  In a world of connected TV, PCs, blu ray
players, we need something that consolidates control of them...

Second area is android peripherals.  Largely through the lack of a 30
pin standardized connector, Android has been left out of a lot of
peripheral development.

We're going to be developing (hopefully) for a number of major brands,
but not surprisingly, our first major customer is Digital Innovations.

We're actually going to be in the market for an android contract
developer.  I'll be posting a job description shortly.

Fernando Cassia

Jun 28, 2011, 8:50:12 PM6/28/11
to neu...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 19:22, Joe Born <jb...@neurostechnology.com> wrote:
> It's always been something we've sought to do.  A reasonable fraction
> of OSDs were sold under other brands actually.  But now it is, indeed,
> more of a focus.

So how many OSD v1 are still in the retail channel?.
How many do you have still for sale?

FC

Joe Born

Jun 29, 2011, 2:47:38 PM6/29/11
to neu...@googlegroups.com

> So how many OSD v1 are still in the retail channel?.
> How many do you have still for sale?

zero in either.

Joe Born

Jun 30, 2011, 4:42:28 PM6/30/11
to neu...@googlegroups.com
Just to clarify, we still do sell the OSD, but its made to order for
customers who meet the minimum order quantity...

Fernando Cassia

Jun 30, 2011, 7:06:22 PM6/30/11
to neu...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 17:42, Joe Born <jb...@neurostechnology.com> wrote:
> Just to clarify, we still do sell the OSD, but its made to order for
> customers who meet the minimum order quantity...

Sounds like an akward proposition...

If there´s still an interest in the market, why not do a "minimum
order" and ship to Amazon.com for resale?. That way you don´t have to
keep inventory, you sell every batch you make, and amazon.com keeps
stocked for end-users....

Just saying...

FC
PS: What is the minimum order quantity? several thousand, I guess?

Joe Born

Jul 3, 2011, 9:25:59 PM7/3/11
to neu...@googlegroups.com

PS: What is the minimum order quantity? several thousand, I guess?

1000