Neuronvisio 0.8.1 released

Michele Mattioni

Mar 19, 2012, 6:46:05 AM3/19/12
to neuronvisio
Dear all,

I'm pleased to announce that Neuronvisio 0.8.1 has been release.

This release adds some improvements from the previous one, like the
convenience method to make a movie with subsequent screenshots from
mayavi
http://mattions.github.com/neuronvisio/screenshots.html#making-a-movie

and closes some bugs, adding support for the new pyqt (4.9.x series),
deprecating an old function that has gone in the new one.

The package is on pipy and you can install it with
(http://mattions.github.com/neuronvisio/install.html#package-install)

pip install -U --extra-index-url=http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~mattioni/snapshots/
neuronvisio

@Brainscales/CodeJam5 some of you pointed out the pain to install
Mayavi on a Mac. I'm not a Mac user, however I'm super happy to host
specific documentation to help people to do it if somebody finds out!

Right now we have a break down for System (here the doc for Mac:
http://mattions.github.com/neuronvisio/install.html#mac-os-x) Feel
free to send patches and improve it if you find a better way to do it,
or you find something nice.

Let me know, in the mean time have fun!

If you are battling with several python installed on your computer,
and they are making you made, I'll say take a look at
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv and
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenvwrapper

If you find issues, please write them here:
https://github.com/mattions/neuronvisio/issues so we can track them.

Cheers,
Michele.