Project page for neuronvisio

Uri Cohen

Mar 23, 2012, 9:00:52 AM3/23/12
to neuro...@googlegroups.com
I stumbled upon this github feature: http://pages.github.com/
It allows to create a project page for a project, like http://neuronvisio.github.com
It may be easier to remember and also detached from the context of specific user, which is more professional-looking.

What do you think?
            Uri Cohen

Michele Mattioni

Mar 23, 2012, 10:44:36 AM3/23/12
to neuro...@googlegroups.com
Hey Uri, the docs for Neuronvisio is using exactly that for the hosting

http://mattions.github.com/neuronvisio/

I've tried to google neuronvisio in a no cookies and incognito page
and the documentation page is the first of the list.
I'll see the point to move the project to an organization style,
however I've never did it so far, due to the problem of picking up a
name and there has never been a big request to do it.

If we go for your solution, basically the docs will be at

neuronvisio.github.com, however it's not very nice to have separate
repo for the same stuff...

right now the docs are created using sphinx and uploaded with the
paver, paved and ghp-import to github in the gh-pages branch.

The real deal would be to get a domain, like neuronvisio.org and point
it to the docs...
Dunno if it is a good solution, though, 'cause the domain cost money
and not sure if it worth to do it.

Uri Cohen

Mar 24, 2012, 3:42:32 PM3/24/12
to neuro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michele,
My idea is to use neuronvisio.github.com as a poor-man-replacement to something like neuronvisio.org. It's just a free respectful hosting, without moving the repo.
You may even just create it, and make it meta-redirect to the current location. It would still simplify the URL to remember and make it more official looking.
            Uri Cohen

Michele Mattioni

Mar 26, 2012, 5:37:20 AM3/26/12
to neuro...@googlegroups.com
Hey Uri,

that could be a possibility.
If you want, just go ahead and set it up.
No problem with that :D