Neuronvisio 0.8.5 released

Michele Mattioni

Jul 6, 2012, 10:05:57 AM7/6/12
to neuronvisio
Dear all,

we are pleased to release a new version of Neuronvisio.

Some small improvement in this release:

1. the text in the animation 3D, which tells you the time is now
always fixed with 3 digits, therefore it remains constant through the
animation.

2. The neuronvisio script accepts also a NeuroML file as argument.
http://neuronvisio.org/gettingstarted.html#loading-a-file

Beware: The NeuroML support is ok for single-cell but it's a bit
weak for network. More is discussed at issue #50
https://github.com/mattions/neuronvisio/issues/50

3. Better Error message which should let you know you've got to set Qt
as Pylab backend (otherwise Neuronvisio will not start.)

To get the latest

pip install -U neuronvisio

P.S.: I have also inserted tables in the required packages, so it's
another dep which is tracked automatically.

Enjoy,

the Neuronvisio team.

P.P.S.: Some cool stats about the download
https://crate.io/packages/neuronvisio/