dt cannot set manually on Mac

Akira

Dec 5, 2013, 4:00:38 AM12/5/13
to neuro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have tried to use neuronvisio 0.8.6 on Mac.
Insallation seemed to succeed and it can be run on Mac.
But Every time I run a simulation, "dt" is set to 99.9900 ms.
Does anyone has the same problem? And Can you fix the problem?

Cheers,
Akira

Michele Mattioni

Dec 5, 2013, 5:37:08 AM12/5/13
to neuronvisio
Hi Akira,

I don't have a Mac so I can't try.

and I've changed the dt form the guy and than did:

      print h.dt

than I've tried to assign it form the console

      h.dt = 0.6

and the GUI changed it to the new value.
I'm wondering if people on Mac system have the same problem.

Can you tell us more about your system (MAc version, python and so forth?)

--

---

Michele Mattioni, PhD
http://michelemattioni.me

Tom Close

Dec 6, 2013, 2:22:09 AM12/6/13
to neuro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michele,

I am working with Akira on this problem. I have just tried running our code on my Ubuntu box (13.10, python 2.7.3) and while the dt didn't change to the same number, 99.99ms it did change to something else, which is dependent on the run time selected. If we run your example on Akira's Mac (OS X 10.8.5, python 2.7.3 vtk 5.10.3) we don't seem the problem, so it must be something with our script but I can't imagine what it could be because it only changes when we press 'init+run' (not just 'init'), which would be outside our script, no?  How should we try to debug it?

Cheers,

Tom

Michele Mattioni

Dec 6, 2013, 6:13:08 AM12/6/13
to neuronvisio
Hi Tom,

this is the method called when init is pressed:

This is when Init+Run is pressed:

which Neuron version are you running?

Tom Close

Dec 18, 2013, 2:44:20 AM12/18/13
to neuro...@googlegroups.com
Aaaaah, our bad. Turns out the script we were running activates CVODE, so that is the source of the variable timestep (duh!). Sorry, should have checked it outside of Neuronvisio first.

Thanks for you help,

Tom