CodeJam5 in Edinburgh

Michele Mattioni

Jan 30, 2012, 6:51:38 AM1/30/12
to neuronvisio
Dear all,

I will present Neuronvisio to the upcoming CodeJam5.
If you can make, we could meet there and have some fun!

If I'm not wrong we should have one of the organizer in the list, so
he could say a bit more about it!

Anyway, this is the link, check it out:
http://neuralensemble.org/meetings/CodeJam5/

Cheers,
Michele.

Miha Pelko

Feb 6, 2012, 5:47:55 AM2/6/12
to neuro...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

here comes the longer description of what gives behind CodeJam5. Hope to see you in Edinburgh!

Announcing the Convergence in Computational Neuroscience 2012 workshop which will be held in Edinburgh from 12-16th March. The NeuroML Development Workshop and the BrainScaleS (previously FACETS) CodeJam have been two important workshops for developers of software tools for computational neuroscience for the past number of years, and this year they are being held over the same week.

The first 2 days will focus on the specifications & tool support for NeuroML, which has traditionally been focused on multicompartmental, conductance based neuronal models, but with version 2.0 is being extended to support more abstract point neuron models and interaction with systems biology languages like SBML.

More details for these days are here: http://www.neuroml.org/workshop2012

The remaining 3 days will have a similar format to previous CodeJams: presentations in the mornings with discussions & code sprints in the afternoon. The goal will be to catalyze open-source, collaborative software development in computational and systems neuroscience and neuroinformatics, by bringing together researchers, students and engineers to share ideas, present their work, and write code together. Wednesday afternoon includes a mini workshop with the theme "Convergence, Interoperability and Reuse in Neuroscience Modelling Software", and seeks to develop a perspective on where the field is at and where we are going to.

More details are here: http://neuralensemble.org/meetings/CodeJam5

This should be a very informative and useful week for anyone interested in learning about/sharing/integrating software tools for computational neuroscience.
********

lpmp