Execution Error

chaitu

Dec 17, 2011, 11:43:16 PM12/17/11
to neuronvisio
HI Michele,

I installed neuronvisio from your website and then tried executing the
command (from neuronvisio.controls import Controls) which gave me an
error (see below). I have neuron installed on my ubuntu 10.04 and I
also could not find matplotlib in /etc directory. Please help me to
resolve it. Thank you.

In [4]: from neuronvisio.controls import Controls
ImportError Traceback (most recent call
last)

/home/krishna/<ipython console> in <module>()

/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/neuronvisio/controls.py in
<module>()
33
34 from subprocess import call
---> 35 from manager import SynVecRef
36 os.environ['ETS_TOOLKIT'] = 'qt4'
37 import logging

/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/neuronvisio/manager.py in
<module>()
18 """:synopsis: Manage the map between vectors and sections"""
19
---> 20 from neuron import h
21 import numpy as np
22 import os

ImportError: No module named neuron

Mike Vella

Dec 18, 2011, 12:07:52 AM12/18/11
to neuro...@googlegroups.com

Did you recently upgrade python or ubuntu?

chaitu

Dec 18, 2011, 12:23:18 AM12/18/11
to neuronvisio
No, I haven't upgraded ubuntu. I installed python packages as given in
the installation instructions:

sudo apt-get install python-qt4 ipython python-matplotlib \
python-setuptools python-tables

Other than these packages I installed git. I haven't installed any
other packages.

On Dec 18, 10:07 am, Mike Vella <vellam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you recently upgrade python or ubuntu?

Mike Vella

Dec 18, 2011, 12:24:44 AM12/18/11
to neuro...@googlegroups.com

Can you tell us what version of python runs when you type python in the cli?

chaitu

Dec 18, 2011, 12:27:09 AM12/18/11
to neuronvisio
I am pasting below the python version. Please note. Thank you.

Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Apr 16 2010, 13:57:41)
[GCC 4.4.3] on linux2

On Dec 18, 10:24 am, Mike Vella <vellam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you tell us what version of python runs when you type python in the cli?

Mike Vella

Dec 18, 2011, 12:31:28 AM12/18/11
to neuro...@googlegroups.com

It seems to me you don't have the neuron package for python ininstalled? Try the neuron website or if you have a 64bit machine try my portable neuron http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mv333/wordpress/

chaitu

Dec 18, 2011, 1:57:11 AM12/18/11
to neuronvisio
Hi Mike,

I downloaded the package from the link you provided. I could not find
files ./local_python.sh or ./pnpython.sh which is given in your
instructions. Could you let me know where can I find these files?
Thank you.

On Dec 18, 10:31 am, Mike Vella <vellam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems to me you don't have the neuron package for python ininstalled?
> Try the neuron website or if you have a 64bit machine try my portable

> neuronhttp://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mv333/wordpress/

Mike Vella

Dec 18, 2011, 2:30:46 AM12/18/11
to neuro...@googlegroups.com

On a flight atm but will get back to you soon.

Michele Mattioni

Dec 18, 2011, 6:23:10 AM12/18/11
to neuro...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

as Mike pointed out you are missing the Neuron package:
http://www.neuron.yale.edu/neuron/

Some installation tip are available here:
http://www.davison.webfactional.com/notes/installation-neuron-python/

HIH,
Michele.

chaitu

Dec 19, 2011, 4:14:49 AM12/19/11
to neuronvisio
Hi,

Thank you Michele and Mike for the instructions to install neuron with
python support. I am having a small problem after installing
neuronvisio. In order to run ipython -qt4, I need to copy file from /
etc/matplotlibrc to ~/.matplolib/matplotlibrc. But I cannot find
matplotlibrc in /etc directory. Where am I going wrong or where can I
find this file? Thank you.

On Dec 18, 4:23 pm, Michele Mattioni <matti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> as Mike pointed out you are missing the Neuron package:http://www.neuron.yale.edu/neuron/
>
> Some installation tip are available here:http://www.davison.webfactional.com/notes/installation-neuron-python/
>
> HIH,
> Michele.
>

> On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Mike Vella <vellam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On a flight atm but will get back to you soon.

Michele Mattioni

Dec 19, 2011, 6:20:06 AM12/19/11
to neuro...@googlegroups.com