QGtkStyle error

chaitu

Dec 20, 2011, 1:41:19 AM12/20/11
to neuronvisio
Hi

After installing neuronvisio and it's dependencies, I tried to execute
using ipython interface. I typed ipython and then I gave the following
command. As you can see QGtkStyle is unable to detect the current GTK
+them. What does that mean? How can I solve it?

In [1]: from neuronvisio.controls import Controls
NEURON -- VERSION 7.2 (550:b8b1166726cd) 2011-11-22
Duke, Yale, and the BlueBrain Project -- Copyright 1984-2008
See http://www.neuron.yale.edu/credits.html

QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.

Michele Mattioni

Dec 20, 2011, 4:32:55 AM12/20/11
to neuro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I think it's related to GTK and Qt interaction.

See if the suggestion here will help you:
https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-5545

chaitu

Dec 20, 2011, 5:36:27 AM12/20/11
to neuronvisio
Hi Michele,

Though I tried your suggestion, I could not solve the issue. Leaving
that, I tried to load model from the neuronvisio gui mode. After I
choose a model from ModelDB Explorer tab and then after clicking on
load model, I get the following error:

In [2]: from neuron import h

In [3]: controls=Controls()

In [4]: INFO neuronvisio.modeldb.ModelDB 117 Downloading model for
'Jaffe et al., 2011'
INFO neuronvisio.modeldb.ModelDB 149 Creating Models/140471.zip
INFO neuronvisio.modeldb.ModelDB 158 Done.
INFO neuronvisio.modeldb.ModelDB 119 Download complete.
INFO neuronvisio.modeldb.ModelDB 164 Extracting 'Models/140471.zip'
into Models/140471
INFO neuronvisio.modeldb.ModelDB 170 Trancating file at location
1402360.
INFO neuronvisio.modeldb.ModelDB 192 Done.
INFO neuronvisio.controls 250 Path changed to /home/krishna/Models/
140471
WARNING neuronvisio.controls 267 Error running model:
INFO neuronvisio.controls 268 Path changed back to /home/krishna

Why isn't that I could load a model from ModelDB?

On Dec 20, 2:32 pm, Michele Mattioni <matti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think it's related to GTK and Qt interaction.
>
> See if the suggestion here will help you:https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-5545
>

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 6:41 AM, chaitu <mach...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
>
> > After installing neuronvisio and it's dependencies, I tried to execute
> > using ipython interface. I typed ipython and then I gave the following
> > command. As you can see QGtkStyle is unable to detect the current GTK
> > +them. What does that mean? How can I solve it?
>
> > In [1]: from neuronvisio.controls import Controls
> > NEURON -- VERSION 7.2 (550:b8b1166726cd) 2011-11-22
> > Duke, Yale, and the BlueBrain Project -- Copyright 1984-2008

> > Seehttp://www.neuron.yale.edu/credits.html

Michele Mattioni

Dec 20, 2011, 5:56:37 AM12/20/11
to neuro...@googlegroups.com
hi,

the problem is that model doesn't use the classic mod files, but
actually stores the mod file into `mods` directory
I've opened an issue to track this problem:
https://github.com/mattions/neuronvisio/issues/35

In the meantime, what you could do is to:

cd Models/140471/mods/
# compile the mods files
nrnivmodl
# go back
cd ..

then load the model with neuronvisio:

import neuron
neuron.load_mechanisms('mods')
from neuron import h
from neuronvisio.controls import Controls
controls = Controls() # starting the GUI
h.load_file('mosinit.hoc')

HIH,
Michele.

chaitu

Dec 20, 2011, 6:23:25 AM12/20/11
to neuronvisio
Hi Michele,

I followed the same instructions but when clicking on plot 3D graph,
the software crashes. Please see below:

In [1]: import neuron

NEURON -- VERSION 7.2 (550:b8b1166726cd) 2011-11-22
Duke, Yale, and the BlueBrain Project -- Copyright 1984-2008
See http://www.neuron.yale.edu/credits.html

In [2]: neuron.load_mechanisms('mod')
NEURON mechanisms not found in mod.

In [3]: neuron.load_mechanisms('mods')
Additional mechanisms from files
aabBK.mod Ca.mod

In [4]: from neuron import h

In [5]: from neuronvisio.controls import Controls

QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.

In [6]: controls=Controls()

In [7]: h.load_file('mosinit.hoc')
NEURON: unable to open font "*helvetica-medium-r-normal*--14*", using
"fixed"
1
1
1
1
1
Out[7]: 1.0

In [8]: OpenGL Warning: No pincher, please call
crStateSetCurrentPointers() in your SPU
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[krishna@NeuroNetwork 140471]$

Michele Mattioni