Reading in Inomed data

David Pedrosa

May 13, 2020, 9:45:16 AM5/13/20
to Neural Ensemble
Dear all,

I started switching from Matlab to Python a while ago for my analyses and I stumbled upon neo python which I find very interesting. I have a bunch of older datasets with intraoperative recordings using an inomed system, a German company we used to work with. I saw that there are many  routines to import datasets from all sorts of manufacturers but I could not see anything specific for inomed. Of course I could feed in the time series using Matlab but that is not the overall idea. But before I dig into how to get a new format with a header I have always a bit cumbersome, I would like to know if anyone has already done that and I can skip this part. There was nothing in the list to be found.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
David

Samuel Garcia

May 18, 2020, 11:22:31 AM5/18/20
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
Dear David,
I was not aware of this inomed data format.

You have already some matlab script to read this format, I could help you port to the logic into the neo/python ecosystem.
But it depends on 1) the complexity of the format 2) availability of specification 3) availability of test files.

Is it only for analogisgnals or also event/epoch/spikes ?

Could you open an issue at github ?

Cheers

Samuel

meshijah beazley

May 18, 2020, 11:35:56 AM5/18/20
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
Does this have to do with pynn. Dont know quite my potential on scripting or data configuration but recently fixed a script by the evilgeniuslabs company. Actually a dream directed me to this chat group. In 2 simple words "join pynn". Im interested in expanding my knowledge in this company if someone has time to talk with me on directives and help work me up to speed i pick up scripting languages quickly am 21 and showed academic excellence in a college programming course getting a 100 on my final. Perhaps a personal dm to not crowd up the group chat shout would be best. Thank you for your time in reading this and i will be checking my inboxes hope you all have a wonderful week!