[Neo][NeuralynxRawIO] multiple rawmodes

Peter N. Steinmetz

Nov 13, 2020, 11:08:16 AM11/13/20
to Neural Ensemble
Was thinking to add a one-file rawmode to NeuralynxRawIO that can handle a single ncs file. What is the convention regarding having a RawIO that can handle multiple rawmodes?

The extant examples only handle a single mode. Is it intended that there be a separate class for each mode and then the rawmode attribute is different for each? Or is there supposed to be some convention about passing in the current mode to operate in to the __init__ function?

Samuel Garcia

Nov 16, 2020, 3:47:47 AM11/16/20
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I think we could keep the same class but with a change in the signature.
If the first args is a folder then like before (with dirname)
If the first args is a file ( ncs) then there will be only one anlogsignal channel.
If the first args is a file ( nev) then there will be only several units channel.

We could also keep the folder only but add extra args "load_only=['myfile.ncs']".

I think you should propose this in github issue so other user could propose other ideas.

Thank you very much in your feedback and interest in neo.

Best,

Samuel