Spike2IO problem

DE

Dec 3, 2019, 5:48:38 AM12/3/19
to Neural Ensemble
Hello

Appologies in advance - I am new to spike2 and to neo... I have a large number of smr files and would like to write some code to scrape the data all into one place in python.

I am trying to open smr files in python3.7 using neo v0.9.0.dev as follows:

reader = neo.Spike2IO(filename='bwd_A_nerve.smr')
reader
.read()[0]

but get the following error:

chan_info['type'] = dict_kind[chan_info['kind']]

KeyError: 255

I get this error for all smr files I have tried. Could it be a problem with how channels are defined in my files?

Cheers!
Dave
bwd_A_laser.smr

Samuel Garcia

Dec 4, 2019, 10:31:34 AM12/4/19
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
thank to report the big.

could you open an issue on github ?
https://github.com/NeuralEnsemble/python-neo/issues

And also send us a file to test it.

Cheers,

Samuel

David Ellis

Dec 5, 2019, 10:25:22 AM12/5/19
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
Hi Samuel

thanks for your reply. I have put the issue on github and uploaded a couple of example smr files to my google drive and made them public.

Cheers!
Dave

Samuel Garcia

Dec 9, 2019, 5:46:03 AM12/9/19
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Oups.
Sorry. I did not realize that you send the files.
I will have a look this week.

Could you have a look to this :https://github.com/NeuralEnsemble/python-neo/pull/775

best

Samuel

Samuel Garcia

Dec 11, 2019, 6:59:49 AM12/11/19
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I put an answer on github issue.

Samuel

David Ellis

Dec 31, 2019, 11:44:41 AM12/31/19
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
Hi Samuel

sorry after posting my response I forgot to check https://github.com/NeuralEnsemble/python-neo/pull/775 I have now, but I am not sure I fully understand what I should do...nShould I try replacing my neo/rawio/spike2rawio.py with the one provided in the 'files changed' tab?

Happy New Year!

Dave