closed ring network

Alberto Vergani

Jul 4, 2021, 2:15:06 PM7/4/21
to Neural Ensemble
Dear experts,

I building a network in one dimension, but having boundary conditions pretty evident I'd lke to wrap up the 1D network shaping it as a close ring.

I am using self made list of connections and then using FromListConnector constructor for the projections.

So what I'd like to know if something like  "space = Space(periodic_boundaries=((0,500), (0,500), None))"  parameter could help me in doing that, or, since I am using a self made list of connections I have to manually compute it as closed loop.

I think the second, but let me know, please.

Hope it's clear.
Thanks.

Regards,
Alberto

Andrew Davison

Jul 5, 2021, 4:39:26 AM7/5/21
to Neural Ensemble
Dear Alberto,

With an explicit list of connections, the connections that close the loop certainly have to be part of the list.

You could use the Space class to help build your list, making use of the `distances()` method, but in this case you wouldn't pass it to the Projection constructor.

Andrew

Andrew Davison

Jul 5, 2021, 4:42:06 AM7/5/21
to Neural Ensemble
p.s. for a 1D network, it would be something like `Space(axes="x", periodic_boundaries=((0,500), None, None)))` of  course.