My First Neural Network

Justin Bozonier

Jan 29, 2009, 3:50:39 AM1/29/09
to Neural Networks Study Group
I implemented a simple neural net class in C# that can be used to
mimick the AND operator. I posted the code on GitHub here:

http://github.com/jcbozonier/master/tree/18e4a6206f4bb5eb532c91a47130510c26c0ea9b/Exploratory/IntroToNeuralNetworksCSharp/HelloWorldNeuralNetworks

If anybody would like to offer any suggestions for how to do things
simpler, please critique away! :)

P.S. all of the meat of the code is in the tests. That's where I set
up the network and execute it.

Justin Bozonier

Jan 29, 2009, 4:06:01 AM1/29/09
to Neural Networks Study Group
I added some tests to show how OR and XOR can be implemented as well
now:

http://github.com/jcbozonier/master/tree/be09df6df1c9c293be0a49068a663c757123d458/Exploratory/IntroToNeuralNetworksCSharp/HelloWorldNeuralNetworks

One issue that I noticed is that my current code adds weights based on
neuron not based on the connections between them. For these very
simple examples it's cool, but it would need to be fixed if you want a
neuron to support connections of differing weights.