module ethernet

fragamine

Oct 31, 2011, 5:32:03 AM10/31/11
to Netzer
Hi ,
I'v buy this module in elektor. Exellent product but i'v failled to
run it !!
I bought icd3 and try to rebuild project but failled with my compiler.
What is the compiler (i use hitech pro 9.6).
by defaut i just to connect it by ethernet and configure my lan card
for this ip 192.168.97.61 and when i try to ping tne module to ip 60
no rep.
Can you give me more information to use it or solution for test the
projet.
Thanks a lot.
Regards

Sven Schlender

Oct 31, 2011, 3:33:39 PM10/31/11
to netzer_i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fragamine,

> I'v buy this module in elektor. Exellent product but i'v failled to
> run it !!
> I bought icd3 and try to rebuild project but failled with my compiler.
> What is the compiler (i use hitech pro 9.6).

The sources are compilable with latest MCC18 compiler. With a few changes
the code also should build with Hitech but not out of the box.

> by defaut i just to connect it by ethernet and configure my lan card
> for this ip 192.168.97.61 and when i try to ping tne module to ip 60
> no rep.

The bootloader has the 192.168.97.60, the running firmware has another IP
address.
You try to ping the bootloader, but the bootloader does not respond to ICMP
packets (i.e. Ping).

In default state the IP of the firmware is obtained from a DHCP server or is
automatically selected from the 169.254.X.X range. Use the dnssd service for
firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/dnssd/) to discover the
Netzer in your network.

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,