Netzer in SPI slave mode

Philw

Mar 28, 2013, 10:29:02 AM3/28/13
to Netzer
Hello,

I'm trying to use my Netzer (base firmware) as an http client, but I
cannot get the connection to the remote server.
The spi commands are ok, setting the remote IP and port is well done.
Reading the registers 01 and 02 gives 0x03 and 0x00, but when I write
to register 2 with value 0x02 to start the connection, the socket
state register returns the binary value %100 which means IS_SERVER
instead of %010 (CONNECTED) !?

Any suggestions ?

Thank you.

Philippe W

PS: Are the firmware sources available ? It could help ...

Sven Schlender

Mar 29, 2013, 5:26:00 AM3/29/13
to netzer_i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

> I'm trying to use my Netzer (base firmware) as an http client, but I
> cannot get the connection to the remote server.

I assume you already use the base version 1.4, right?

> Reading the registers 01 and 02 gives 0x03 and 0x00, but when I write
> to register 2 with value 0x02 to start the connection, the socket state
> register returns the binary value %100 which means IS_SERVER instead of
> %010 (CONNECTED) !?

There is a bug in the documentation. Simply count down:
Name Bit Description
RX_BUFFER_FULL 0 The Netzer receive buffer is full. STOP transfering
data to Netzer until this bit is gone!
TX_DATA_PENDING 1 New data has arrived from TCP/IP connection. Read
out via data address (0x1F)!
CONNECTED 2 Netzer is connected via TCP/IP with a remote
device.
IS_SERVER 3 Netzer is server now. If set, this bit can
not be reset until shutdown.
MAILBOX_BUSY 4 Netzer processes the last socket command. Not
finished yet.

-> %100 means that you get CONNECTED here what should be the intended state.

I will fix this typo, sorry!

> PS: Are the firmware sources available ? It could help ...

Not for free. If you interested in please request license prices via mail.

Best regards,

Sven