Getting Netwerker to run from Elektor.

Julian Silver

Feb 22, 2013, 12:19:33 PM2/22/13
to netzer_i...@googlegroups.com
Please can someone help me. I am keen to get this Netwerker web server to run as I have an application for it. I purchased one of these boards from Elektor some time ago and I tried to get it to boot onto my LAN with no luck. I then tried to direct connect via a crossover ethernet cable and communicate with it on 192.168.97.60 but it would not respond to ping.

I sent the board back to Elektor and after about 5 months they replaced it with another new board.

I repeated the process as above with exactly the same results. Then I read on your web site that possibly the bootloader boot.hex may not be loaded. So I installed a Microchip PICKit 2 programmer on my laptop but i am unsure which pins from the programmer I connect to which pins on the Netwerker board. I understand I do not connect the VDD and VSS pins.

I also assume that VPP/MCLR from the programmer goes to RST on the Netwerker.
Also I assume ICPCLK from the programmer goes to CLK on the Netwerker.

But I cannot work out where ICPDA1 and AUX on the programmer connect to on the Netwerker.

Please can someone help me out with this problem. I really do no know how to resolve the issue.

Regards...jules

Sven Schlender

Mar 1, 2013, 7:59:47 AM3/1/13
to netzer_i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julian,

sorry for delayed answer, your mail somehow found the way into my spam
folder...

First hint: Please try to send pure text mails, no html mails.

> Please can someone help me. I am keen to get this Netwerker web server to
run as I have an application for it. I
> purchased one of these boards from Elektor some time ago and I tried to
get it to boot onto my LAN with no luck. I then > tried to direct connect
via a crossover ethernet cable and communicate with it on 192.168.97.60 but
it would not
> respond to ping.

Next hint: The bootloader does not respond to ping requests.

> I sent the board back to Elektor and after about 5 months they replaced it
with another new board.

No good service, really 5 months???

> I repeated the process as above with exactly the same results. Then I read
on your web site that possibly the
> bootloader boot.hex may not be loaded. So I installed a Microchip PICKit 2
programmer on my laptop but i am unsure
> which pins from the programmer I connect to which pins on the Netwerker
board. I understand I do not connect the VDD
> and VSS pins.

As mentioned before, the bootloader does not respond on ICMP messages. For
you and other new users I have set up a new wiki article which discusses
getting started issues: http://www.mobacon.de/wiki/doku.php/en/netzer/start
There you also get instructions how to connect a programming adapter to
Netzer. I did never test PICKit but if you have success please tell me.

Best regards,

Sven