Help with network graph

Keshav Chauhan

Jan 25, 2024, 12:09:05 AMJan 25
to networkx-discuss
Hi everyone,
This is the first time I'm posting a question here.
I need to plot a network graph for authors and who they collaborate with.
I've literally spent whole 2 days but I can't find anything anywhere. I encountered some names (Networkx, PyVis, gephi, cytoscape, etc) but I couldn't find anywhere online how any one of them works.
Are these things less documented/less used ?
Can anyone help me and either tell me how do I do it, or point me to a resource where I can learn ?
I need it for a college project so any fast replies will be appreciated.

Peter Stahlecker

Jan 25, 2024, 1:54:29 AMJan 25
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
I have played around with this a few years ago. I think, this may go what you want.

Rhyd Lewis

Jan 31, 2024, 5:53:33 AMJan 31
to networkx-discuss
You might find the following tutorial helpful: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2002.11103.pdf

Will Antepim

Feb 3, 2024, 12:22:04 PMFeb 3
to networkx-discuss

Welcome to the community! Working with network graphs for author collaborations is a fascinating project. I understand that diving into new libraries can be overwhelming, but fear not – there are plenty of resources available to help you get started.

For plotting network graphs in Python, NetworkX is a powerful and widely-used library. It might seem a bit daunting at first, but there are excellent tutorials and documentation to guide you through the process.

To get started with NetworkX, you can check out their official documentation: NetworkX Documentation

For a quick introduction, you might find this tutorial helpful: Introduction to Network Analysis in Python with NetworkX

If you find that you need a script tailored to your specific needs, I'd be happy to assist you. I am a Data Science/ NetworkX developer and can write a custom script for your project. You can check out my Fiverr gig for more details and to get in touch: Fiverr - NetworkX Developer

Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions or need further guidance. Good luck with your project!