Edge Coloring Algorithms for bipartite graphs #7138

Susan Varghese Padath

Dec 1, 2023, 7:55:09 AM12/1/23
to networkx-discuss
Hello all,

https://github.com/networkx/networkx/pull/7138

We have implemented two algorithms for finding the minimum edge coloring in a bipartite graph. The first algorithm uses maximum matchings iteratively to color the edges, while the second algorithm utilizes Kempe chains to rectify conflicts. We have set the Kempe chain algorithm as the default choice due to its superior speed.

Our implementation follows the coding style and conventions consistent with other algorithms in the project. It utilizes data structures, raises exceptions, and incorporates arguments like top_nodes, similar to the maximum_matching() function in bipartite graphs.We have used a dictionary with edges as keys and colors as values to represent the coloring, in line with the conventions used for vertex coloring.

In accordance with the contributors' guide, we have followed all guidelines, including the writing of decorators, tests, and other necessary components.

We are working on contributing to NetworkX as our Btech project, and we are eager to receive feedback. We are committed to making any required changes and improvements.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Susan

Sreelakshmi A

Jan 30, 2024, 2:33:05 PMJan 30
to networkx-discuss
Hello all,
        We've updated our code as per the suggestions. This is part of our Btech project and we are graduating soon. Could you please review our pull request when you get a chance? We're eager to incorporate any further feedback to ensure the code meets the required standards.

Thank you for your time and support.

Regards
Sreelakshmi