NetworkX Developer Position at NVIDIA

Mike McCarty US

Apr 26, 2022, 7:29:22 AM4/26/22
to networkx-discuss
Hi all,

I'm excited to share that I'm hiring a remote NetworkX developer at NVIDIA to spend most of their time focused on open-source contributions to the project. Thanks to the core development team for graciously allowing me to share this opportunity on this list!

We are continuing to expand our support of the PyData ecosystem and looking to hire strong engineers who are or can become contributors to NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, SciPy, and NetworkX. Please see the job posting for more details (https://tinyurl.com/nvidia-pydata-job).

Non-US based applicants are eligible in certain countries. I can follow up with individuals to confirm eligibility.

Best,
Mike
Message has been deleted

Anutosh Bhat

Apr 28, 2022, 1:07:55 PM4/28/22
to networkx-discuss
Hello Mike,

I hope you're having a good day . This is Anutosh Bhat here from India . I am currently pursuing an integrated Masters in Data Science from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.

I am quite invested in the open source community, specially in the Symbolic/Numeric computation based, Math and Physics development libraries like Sympy, Diofant (through Github) and SageMath (through Trac) . Some of my work can be seen on my github (anutosh491 (Anutosh Bhat) (github.com)) . Sympy is NumFOCUS Sponsored Project since 2014 and also a PyData associated organization . I have good experience with using Networkx and have also started making open source contributions to the library recently and plan to do more over the summer period once my final exams at university are over. Hence I am interested in the opportunity you've shared above.

I would like to know more regarding my eligibility being a Non-US based resident (as I wrote above I currently reside in India) . And also would like to know whether you're only open to offering jobs or would you be open to offer remote internships over the period of summer where I could contribute to the library throughout  summer? Would be glad to hear from you anytime soon on these topics !

Also it would be great if you could provide a point of contact( an email maybe) where I could get back to you in future as currently you can't specifically reply back to the author and rather have to send a message to the whole group instead. Also the authors full email id isn't displayed naturally .

Thanking You,
Yours Truly,
Anutosh Bhat.
IIT Madras.