NetworkX 2.6.2 released

Jarrod Millman

Jul 27, 2021, 2:53:44 PM7/27/21
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
I am happy to announce NetworkX 2.6.2 (2.6.0 and 2.6.1 had minor
issues and were "yanked" from PyPI)! This release has a larger than
normal number of changes in preparation for the upcoming 3.0 release.
The current plan is to release 2.7 near the end of summer and 3.0 in
late 2021.

The focus of the 3.0 release is on addressing years of technical debt
and making it easier to contribute. The 2.6 release deprecates over
30 functions. We no longer depend on any other libraries. However,
we recommend that most users install NetworkX via
$ pip install networkx[default]
to install our "default" dependencies: NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, and
Pandas. Using the "default" dependencies will give you access to more
functionality and better performance. However, much of NetworkX still
works without these libraries and we expect that to continue.

This release supports Python 3.7-3.9 and contains many new features.
It is the result of almost a year of work with over 363 pull requests
by 91 contributors. If you have code that imports NetworkX, please
take some time to check that you are able to update your code to work
with the new release.

The 2.6 release announcement is here:
https://networkx.org/documentation/stable/release/release_2.6.html

For more information, please visit our website
- http://networkx.org
and our gallery of examples
- https://networkx.org/documentation/latest/auto_examples/index.html

Best regards,