NetworkX 2.8rc1 released

Jarrod Millman

Apr 6, 2022, 5:47:16 PM4/6/22
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
I am happy to announce the first **release candidate** for NetworkX
2.8! NetworkX is a Python package for the creation, manipulation, and
study of the structure, dynamics, and functions of complex networks.

This release supports Python 3.8-3.10. The draft 2.8 release
announcement is here:
https://networkx.org/documentation/latest/release/release_dev.html

This will be the last 2.x release. NetworkX 3.0 will be coming this
summer and will remove
many deprecated functions. Please try out the pre-release and let us
know about any problems you find.

Since this is a pre-release, pip won't automatically install it. So
$ pip install networkx
will still install networkx-2.7.1. But
$ pip install --pre networkx
will install networkx-2.8rc1. If you already have networkx installed
then you need to do
$ pip install --pre --upgrade networkx

For more information, please visit our website
- http://networkx.org
and our gallery of examples
- https://networkx.org/documentation/latest/auto_examples/index.html

Best regards,