What experiments to you do on very large graphs?

Amirouche Boubekki

Nov 6, 2018, 7:09:56 PM11/6/18
to networkx-discuss
Hello,

I am working on a graph database in Python with several backends
including backends that persist the graph to the disk (based on leveldb),
that is, it can handle bigger than RAM graphs.

I am wondering what people use right now for working
with very large graphs? neo4j? tinkerpop? graph-tool?

If you can not say the exact algorithms you use.
Can you at least share the domain or subdomain.

What would be the requirements for you to use such a library?

Thanks in advance!

Russell Jurney

Mar 27, 2024, 9:21:31 AMMar 27
to networkx-discuss
For very large graphs, GraphFrames on PySpark is indispensable. Many people use the connected components, but my favorite part is the network motif search.

Docs: https://graphframes.github.io/graphframes/docs/_site/index.html
Code: https://github.com/graphframes/graphframes

Hope this helps,
Russ