RuntimeError: In draw_glyphs_to_bitmap: Could not convert glyph to bitmap (error code 0x62)

Eneko Valero

Aug 15, 2022, 7:55:50 AM8/15/22
to networkx-discuss
I am studying Twitter API with Tweepy and Networkx to build a Graph network between me and my twitter followers. However, when I try to draw the graph I get: RuntimeError: In draw_glyphs_to_bitmap: Could not convert glyph to bitmap (error code 0x62). Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

The code I have:

api = tweepy.API(auth)

my_user = api.get_user(screen_name='eneko98')

my_followers = []

for friend in my_user.friends():
    my_followers.append(friend.screen_name)

G = nx.Graph()
first_node = G.add_node(my_user)

for user in my_followers:
    G.add_node(user)

nx.draw(G, with_labels=True)
plt.show()

Ross Barnowski

Aug 16, 2022, 7:55:55 AM8/16/22
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
nx.draw uses matplotlib under-the-hood, which is where the RuntimeError is originating. This likely has something to do with your system and/or matplotlib configuration/backend - I'd suggest searching the matplotlib issue tracker for this specific RuntimeError.

~Ross