New Contributor Here

Tamandeep Singh

Nov 20, 2022, 4:22:42 PM11/20/22
to networkx-discuss
Hello everyone.

I am very interested to be part of this organization; I really love working with graphs and would love to contribute to this organization and I have good expertise in graphs.

Can anyone please guide me how I can start making contributions here by letting me know what issues needs to be addressed or what things are needed to be implemented. I can start working on it as a project. Or should I get an idea by myself what needs to be done. I am just confused how things work around in Open-source community as it will be my first time with one. I am experienced with required technologies like git etc.

Thanks
Tamandeep

Peter Stahlecker

Nov 20, 2022, 5:39:16 PM11/20/22
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
I do not know much about networkx, I have used it before a bit.
If you look in Github for networkx, you will find ‚issues‘.
I just looked, and there seem to be thousands of them.
This may give you a first idea, what issues there are to be solved.

Best regards,

Peter Stahlecker

Jarrod Millman

Nov 26, 2022, 3:25:26 PM11/26/22
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tamandeep,

Check out our developer guide:
https://networkx.org/documentation/latest/developer/index.html

In particular, you may want to review our contributor guide:
https://networkx.org/documentation/latest/developer/contribute.html

Best regards,
Jarrod