The detail of eigenvector_centrality_numpy()

Nurul Jannah

Apr 19, 2022, 7:23:28 AM4/19/22
to networkx-discuss
Hi everyone! Since I'm new in this group let me introduce myself. My name is Nurul and I'm a last-year student.

I'm on my thesis about social network analysis which identifies important actors using the eigenvector centrality. I have to know the detail of eigenvector_centrality_numpy() so I can write it properly in my thesis.

I'm confused, since eigenvector_centrality_numpy() uses ARPACK, is it means  eigenvector_centrality_numpy() uses the Implicitly restarted Arnoldi method instead of the power method?

Best regards
Nurul

seth....@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2022, 3:32:47 AM4/20/22
to networkx-discuss
Yes eigenvector_centrality_numpy() uses the Arnoldi method as it uses https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.sparse.linalg.eigs.html underneath. The python implementation eigenvector_centrality() uses power iteration method.

Nurul Jannah

Apr 22, 2022, 12:23:59 AM4/22/22
to networkx-discuss
thank you so much for answering me.

can you please help me to answer this question that I wrote in StackOverflow? is there any way to print out every iteration of the process of eigenvector_centrality_numpy()?