NetworkX 2.8 released

Jarrod Millman

Apr 9, 2022, 7:40:33 PM4/9/22
to networkx...@googlegroups.com
I am happy to announce NetworkX 2.8! This is the last release before
the upcoming 3.0 release. The current plan is to release 3.0 this
summer.

The focus of the 3.0 release is on addressing years of technical debt
and making it easier to contribute. The 2.6, 2.7, and 2.8 releases
combined have over 50 deprecations.

We recommend that most users install NetworkX via
$ pip install networkx[default]
to install our "default" dependencies: NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, and
Pandas. Using the "default" dependencies will give you access to more
functionality and better performance. However, much of NetworkX still
works without these libraries and we expect that to continue. To
install NetworkX without any dependencies simply do the following
$ pip install networkx

This release supports Python 3.7-3.9 and contains only minor updates
compared to NetworkX 2.7. If you have code that imports NetworkX,
please check that you are able to update your code to work with the
new release.

The 2.8 release announcement is here:
https://networkx.org/documentation/stable/release/release_2.8.html

Also, please review our draft migration guide from 2.x to 3.0:
https://networkx.org/documentation/latest/release/migration_guide_from_2.x_to_3.0.html

For more information, please visit our website
- http://networkx.org
and our gallery of examples
- https://networkx.org/documentation/latest/auto_examples/index.html

Best regards,