Relationship Networking Industry Association!

Steve Habib Rose

Aug 15, 2007, 4:36:32 PM8/15/07
to Network...@googlegroups.com, PugetSoundNe...@googlegroups.com
Over the past couple of weeks, I've been thrilled to find out about a new nonprofit called the Relationship Networking Industry Association.

Check them out at http://www.rnia.org and consider joining their discussion at http://community.rnia.org (there is a link to REGISTER) in the upper left of the screen.

The RNIA is developing OUR industry. We have the chance to participate at the ground level, with some folks who are well connected to the business world. Personally, I think that we should explore what happens with the RNIA before pursuing too much emphasis on starting a new Network Weavers Guild. At some point the Guild might be useful to do such things as provide insurance for us. However, the RNIA promises to do a whole lot of the things that we were interested in doing with the guild -- including promoting the field and establishing standards.

The RNIA is not accepting formal memberships just yet, except for "founding memberships" (at $1,000 a shot!) But, they welcome participation from folks like me (and you!) in the community discussion. The caveat is that when they start accepting regular memberships, we will join at that level (I think it will be around $100 -- reasonable for what promises to be a valuable professional association).

in community,

Your Network Weaving Relationship Networker (or was that Relationship Networking Network Weaver?)

Steve "Habib" Rose
ha...@connectexpress.com
Seattle, Washington, USA 98122

Blog: http://www.neighbornetworking.com/
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/4315702/

"Connecting People to Weave a Better World"

Regional: Linkedin Seattle - Local Area Networkers – Neighbornets – The People Web
Global: Network Weavers Network - Relationship Networking Industry Association

** ------------------------------------- **
ConnectExpress BetaMail 1.0
http://betamail.connectexpress.com
** ------------------------------------- **

David Braden

Aug 16, 2007, 9:39:06 AM8/16/07
to NetworkWeaving
Steve, I went to register and it wants real money from me ($119.00 as
an individual member) the site looks very interesting - and I may be
willing to pay the fee - just wanted to verify your statement below
about not accepting members?

On Aug 15, 2:36 pm, Steve Habib Rose <ha...@connectexpress.com> wrote:
> Over the past couple of weeks, I've been thrilled to find out about a new nonprofit called the Relationship Networking Industry Association.
>

> Check them out athttp://www.rnia.organd consider joining their discussion athttp://community.rnia.org(there is a link to REGISTER) in the upper left of the screen.

> The RNIA is developing OUR industry. We have the chance to participate at the ground level, with some folks who are well connected to the business world. Personally, I think that we should explore what happens with the RNIA before pursuing too much emphasis on starting a new Network Weavers Guild. At some point the Guild might be useful to do such things as provide insurance for us. However, the RNIA promises to do a whole lot of the things that we were interested in doing with the guild -- including promoting the field and establishing standards.
>
> The RNIA is not accepting formal memberships just yet, except for "founding memberships" (at $1,000 a shot!) But, they welcome participation from folks like me (and you!) in the community discussion. The caveat is that when they start accepting regular memberships, we will join at that level (I think it will be around $100 -- reasonable for what promises to be a valuable professional association).
>
> in community,
>
> Your Network Weaving Relationship Networker (or was that Relationship Networking Network Weaver?)
>
> Steve "Habib" Rose
> ha...@connectexpress.com
> Seattle, Washington, USA 98122
>
> Blog:http://www.neighbornetworking.com/
> Linkedin:https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/4315702/
>
> "Connecting People to Weave a Better World"
>

> Regional: Linkedin Seattle - Local Area Networkers - Neighbornets - The People Web

Steve Habib Rose

Aug 16, 2007, 1:26:27 PM8/16/07
to NetworkWeaving, PugetSoundNe...@connectexpress.com, David Braden
Yup, David, they are not accepting regular members at this time. So, please don't pay them anything just yet!

Adam Kovitz, one of the founders, explained it to me like this:

1. The only members they are currently accepting are "founding members" at $1,000 a pop. If you can afford to join at that level, by all means do so :-)
2. RNIA welcomes people who are active in the industry (i.e. us!) to participate right now in helping to form the organization. The best way to do so is to participate in various CBOKs -- see the list at http://www.rnia.org/ I've become quite active in the Collaboration CBOK, and offered to assist with the Employment CBOK as well.
3. The understanding is that if we participate in that way, we will join the RNIA at their regular membership levels ($119) when those types of memberships become available this fall. So, there will be a time that we need to "pay up." But, it's not just yet!
4. As I remember, the place to join right now is NOT the link from http://www.rnia.org/, but is a link titled Register Now below the login section at http://community.rnia.org/ Unfortunately, that site is down at the moment. I'll let everybody know when it's back up.

If anybody is particularly interested in getting involved with any of the CBOKs, please let me know and I'll try to get you in touch with that group leader. For general information, you can call Adam Kovitz at (215) 945-3411 or email him at in...@thenationalnetworker.com

in community,

Habib

> --
In Community,

David Braden

Aug 16, 2007, 3:50:11 PM8/16/07
to ha...@connectexpress.com, NetworkWeaving, PugetSoundNe...@connectexpress.com, David Braden
Habib,

I successfully logged in using BradenIV and my other e-mail address.
(don't click on "individual member" use the bottom category). After my
time among the social purpose people at O.net, it is going to take me
some effort to re-affect my business persona - but it definitely looks
interesting.

Peace to you as well - David.