Network Weaving with the Tutor/Mentor Connection

Habib

Aug 27, 2007, 3:30:03 PM8/27/07
to NetworkWeaving
I'm starting a new thread on this topic:

Daniel said:

I'm constantly recruiting volunteers to help with tech related
projects. Is this the space where you'd recommend that I outline the
SNA goals of the Tutor/Mentor Connection:
http://www.aboutus.org/Connecting_Network_Weavers_with_Tutor/Mentor_Connection

If we can describe what we're doing and what tasks we need help on,
my
recruitment of potential volunteers can point to this space.

Dan

David Braden

Aug 28, 2007, 9:39:22 AM8/28/07
to NetworkWeaving

I have no problem working in the aboutus wiki on this - except that I
find trying to follow changes to a wiki without a threaded discussion
of why the changes are being made difficult to follow. (I really like
the O.net combination - so Ned.com is a possible alternative). If you
set it up that way, which I have, Aboutus will send an e-mail when
there is a change to the page - if the change is obvious its not much
of a problem - if the change is subtle - or the document gets long and
involved - we will need an explanation of what has been changed so
that we can evaluate it. That could be done in a group e-mail but
that is not public - or we could agree that, when we make a change, we
will post an explanation somewhere else (such as the Wiser earth
discusison). Daniel, if you have Wiser Earth and About Us "remember
you" then there is no log in.

For the time being let's just work in AboutUs and if it becomes
difficult to follow changes let's talk about additional tools we need.

David

tutormentor

Aug 28, 2007, 12:52:14 PM8/28/07
to NetworkWeaving
David,

Thanks for introducing yourself on the www.tutormentorconnection.org
forum. I'd like you to also look at http://cabrini.hopto.org/ which
is a wiki set up by one of my volunteers to update our organization's
technology plan.

In the Technology and Staff section you can see a list of projects,
and volunteers who are working on these projects. This ranges from the
volunteers supporting the hardware and server-based network at my 800
W. Huron location in Chicago, to volunteers who have created the
various web sites that I operate from.

If you want, you can add a Social Network Analysis project to the
list. As other people volunteer to work on this they can add their
names as well.

This wiki is only a couple of weeks old, so the templates that would
enable our volunteers to create profiles for themselves are not yet
created. If Ted or someone else wants to copy the profile format from
here or Razoo or another place onto our wiki to create a template for
T/MC volunteers to introduce themselves, that would be welcome.

You can see that the SNA project with Network Weavers is just part of
T/MC, yet, just doing a network analysis of who the volunteers are who
are working on T/MC and Cabrini Connections technology, would be a
small demonstration of how we might map a much larger network.

The workspace where this is done can be on About us, or any other
space. It just requires a link from our wiki to where ever the work is
being done. At some point, a discussion within the T/MC would begin
to focus on how we apply this to T/MC, CC work, while discussions in
other organizations and/or networks would be focused on how they apply
the SNA into their own organizations, which may have a different
mission than TMC, or be located in a different city or country.

Dan