Network Weavers group on Ned -- and a list of other resources

Steve Habib Rose

Aug 29, 2007, 2:10:11 PM8/29/07
to Network...@googlegroups.com, PugetSoundNe...@googlegroups.com
Greetings, everybody.

I have just started a Network Weavers group on Ned. As many of you know, Ned is a new platform that is using the identical software to what was used on the Omidyar Network. Ned's intention is to build a brand -- including real-world as well as online community -- that fosters social change, such as social enterprise development in the developing world.

http://www.ned.com/group/networkweavers/

Members of our Network Weavers Network have adopted a multi-platform strategy. At the moment, there are a few of us who participate in at least several of the following resources, thereby providing an overlap and some degree of continuity. Not as much as we all might want! My guess is folks from the Source Tree Commons might have some suggestions for how we can "mesh up" or "mash up" our activities on various platforms.

In other words, please connect with us on the platforms that you're already using or are most comfortable with.

The other Network Weaver Resources (that I can think of!) are:

The Network Weaving blog that served as initial inspiration on this path
http://www.networkweaving.com/blog

Our associated Emerging Futures network that provided an initial home for the Network Weavers Network
http://www.emergingfutures.net

Our directory at AboutUs (which includes additional links as well as shortly including pointers to the groups and discussions below)
http://www.networkweavers.net
or
http://www.aboutus.org/NetworkWeaversNetwork

Our Facebook Group
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3424982066

Our Razoo Cause and Group
http://beta.razoo.com/causes/network_weavers
http://beta.razoo.com/groups/NetworkWeavers

Three Dimensional Networking
http://www.aboutus.org/3DN_Introduction

Our network weaving project in partnership with the Tutor Mentor Connection
http://www.aboutus.org/Connecting_Network_Weavers_with_Tutor/Mentor_Connection

Our WiserEarth discussion about Social Network Analysis
http://www.wiserearth.org/forum/view/f375b42b560a0342a76d2365b97b5190/postid/1526

--
In Community,

Steve "Habib" Rose
ha...@connectexpress.com
Seattle, Washington, USA 98122

Blog: http://www.neighbornetworking.com/
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/4315702/

"Connecting People to Weave a Better World"

Regional: Linkedin Seattle - Local Area Networkers – Neighbornets – The People Web
Global: Network Weavers Network - Relationship Networking Industry Association

** ------------------------------------- **
ConnectExpress BetaMail 1.0
http://betamail.connectexpress.com
** ------------------------------------- **

tutormentor

Sep 9, 2007, 4:38:40 PM9/9/07
to NetworkWeaving

Steve,

Here are two diagrams that illustrate T/MC SNA goals

Skills Needed - http://cmapspublic.ihmc.us/servlet/SBReadResourceServlet?rid=1189368290546_1787162000_15115&partName=htmltext

Network - http://cmapspublic.ihmc.us/servlet/SBReadResourceServlet?rid=1189368290546_1415158112_15114&partName=actualhtmltext

Ideally people would be able to click into any of the boxes and get a
list of people/organizations who are supporting T/MC in each area. In
each category, the list could be sorted by city, country, etc. or by
levels of involvement, such as current, former, prospect.

Dan