Wanted: facilitators for online conference on the 5th May

1 view

Sarah Stewart

Mar 18, 2012, 6:10:45 PM3/18/12
to networked-learning
Hello everyone

I am currently involved with organising the 4th Annual Virtual International Day of the Midwife which is coming up on the 5th May. This is a free online conference for midwives and students which runs for 24 hours starting 10am NZ time. Each session runs for an hour , and as you can see from the program we have a variety of topics and speakers from all over the world: http://internationaldayofthemidwife.wikispaces.com/

We are currently looking for facilitators who will be willing to support a speaker to set up for the day, and then facilitate the session on the day. We will be using Adobe Connect, and each facilitator will in turn be supported by a "master" facilitator. The facilitators do not need to be midwives or knowledgeable in the topic. What I am particularly looking for are people who are comfortable in the online environment, especially if you have experience of using Adobe Connect.

I am writing to ask if any of you would be interested in being a facilitator. I know that May 5/6th is at the weekend this year and I am being very cheeky asking you for your help, but we'd be really grateful for any help you can give us. If you're interested, have a look at the program and the spare facilitator slots, decide who you'd like to support, and get back to me: http://internationaldayofthemidwife.wikispaces.com/International+Day+of+the+Midwife+2012

thank you very much, best wishes Sarah

--
Sarah Stewart
EdD Student and Consultant