Weekly community call

Michiel de Jong

Apr 22, 2021, 5:50:12 AM4/22/21
to networ...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

Thanks again everybody for being subscribed to this list as we gently bootstrap a community around the topic of Federated Bookkeeping.

Yesterday, Guilherme and I were talking about starting a weekly video call, for instance every Wednesday at 9pm Amsterdam time (noon San Francisco time). Who else would like to join?

Cheers,
Michiel.

aleeza...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2021, 11:19:34 AM4/22/21
to Network Money
Hi! I would love this, although would not be able to join every week. But a video call is a nice idea.

Michiel de Jong

Apr 27, 2021, 4:00:09 PM4/27/21
to networ...@googlegroups.com
To confirm, our first weekly call will be in roughly 23 hours from now (9 pm Amsterdam time each Wednesday).

We can use https://meet.jit.si/federated-bookkeeping as the video chat channel

Agenda:
* Introductions
* What is each of us interested in
* How should we define Federated Bookkeeping

Hope to see you there!

Michiel.

guil...@gmacedo.com

Apr 27, 2021, 4:15:58 PM4/27/21
to Michiel de Jong, networ...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I'm looking forward to join the meeting!

Best regards.

Guilherme

27 Apr 2021, 21:59 by mic...@pondersource.com:

George Svarovsky

Apr 28, 2021, 3:09:01 AM4/28/21
to Network Money
I'm hoping to join in! I look forward to meeting everyone.

Best wishes

George Svarovsky

Michiel de Jong

Apr 28, 2021, 2:55:54 PM4/28/21
to networ...@googlegroups.com
Starting in 5 minutes! :)

Michiel de Jong

Apr 28, 2021, 4:08:51 PM4/28/21
to networ...@googlegroups.com
That was fun! Logs in https://gitter.im/federatedbookkeeping/community.
We'll keep the weekly cadence for now.
Starting next week we'll do it 1 hour later, so 10pm Amsterdam time.
Hope to see you there next week! :)

Agenda items for next week:
* how can we define "Federated Bookkeeping" in a short paragraph?
* the concept of multi-hop transactions in a credit network.

Discussion that we started but didn't finish this time:
Suppose you check the items on an invoice you downloaded from a supplier's billing API.
How similar is that to peers in a CRDT network receiving updates from each other?
How does conflict resolution in invoices relate to conflict resolution in CRDTs?
Is the append-only log of invoices similar to the CRDT messages?
Or should we consider it similar to the data structure which those messages update?

Cheers,
Michiel.

Michiel de Jong

Feb 24, 2023, 3:52:12 AM2/24/23
to Network Money
Hi all,

Just a follow-up message to say that after almost two years of very successfully and enjoyable discussions about many interesting topics, we are pausing the weekly brainstorm calls again.
We got out of it what we wanted, and are now in a good place to work on more concrete projects to push our vision forward.
and of course everybody is still welcome to discuss Federated Bookkeeping on Matrix and to organise ad-hoc video calls when we want to.

Cheers,
Michiel