Weekly community call

Michiel de Jong

Apr 22, 2021, 5:50:12 AMApr 22
to networ...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

Thanks again everybody for being subscribed to this list as we gently bootstrap a community around the topic of Federated Bookkeeping.

Yesterday, Guilherme and I were talking about starting a weekly video call, for instance every Wednesday at 9pm Amsterdam time (noon San Francisco time). Who else would like to join?

Cheers,
Michiel.

aleeza...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2021, 11:19:34 AMApr 22
to Network Money
Hi! I would love this, although would not be able to join every week. But a video call is a nice idea.

Michiel de Jong

Apr 27, 2021, 4:00:09 PMApr 27
to networ...@googlegroups.com
To confirm, our first weekly call will be in roughly 23 hours from now (9 pm Amsterdam time each Wednesday).

We can use https://meet.jit.si/federated-bookkeeping as the video chat channel

Agenda:
* Introductions
* What is each of us interested in
* How should we define Federated Bookkeeping

Hope to see you there!

Michiel.

guil...@gmacedo.com

Apr 27, 2021, 4:15:58 PMApr 27
to Michiel de Jong, networ...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I'm looking forward to join the meeting!

Best regards.

Guilherme

27 Apr 2021, 21:59 by mic...@pondersource.com:

George Svarovsky

Apr 28, 2021, 3:09:01 AMApr 28
to Network Money
I'm hoping to join in! I look forward to meeting everyone.

Best wishes

George Svarovsky

Michiel de Jong

Apr 28, 2021, 2:55:54 PMApr 28
to networ...@googlegroups.com
Starting in 5 minutes! :)

Michiel de Jong

Apr 28, 2021, 4:08:51 PMApr 28
to networ...@googlegroups.com
That was fun! Logs in https://gitter.im/federatedbookkeeping/community.
We'll keep the weekly cadence for now.
Starting next week we'll do it 1 hour later, so 10pm Amsterdam time.
Hope to see you there next week! :)

Agenda items for next week:
* how can we define "Federated Bookkeeping" in a short paragraph?
* the concept of multi-hop transactions in a credit network.

Discussion that we started but didn't finish this time:
Suppose you check the items on an invoice you downloaded from a supplier's billing API.
How similar is that to peers in a CRDT network receiving updates from each other?
How does conflict resolution in invoices relate to conflict resolution in CRDTs?
Is the append-only log of invoices similar to the CRDT messages?
Or should we consider it similar to the data structure which those messages update?

Cheers,
Michiel.