Beginner contributing to Netty

reluctan...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2020, 3:34:27 AM6/8/20
to Netty discussions
Hey there,

I'm new to the Netty project, and was wondering whether there are a place to find beginner tickets to work on?

James Sager

Jun 14, 2020, 1:20:10 PM6/14/20
to Netty discussions

How do you properly send a very long packet? Like 50k+ Bytes

If I have one user, I can piece it together as it comes, but I have issues with multiple users as to know who's packet is who's.

For small packets,I have a cookie identifier.  But in large packets, the cookie isn't there in the subpackets that tcpip spliced together.

I tried matching port and ip addresses together, but these change often even in the transmit of a single large packet.

What is the proper way to identify the user who is sending a very large packet?  A cookie can't do it because it can only be placed in one place, ip/port can't do it because they change.  I'm at a loss.  This bug didn't show until I had extra users and my software is ready to be published otherwise.

,Jim