Adobe AS3 UTF8 transfers?

James Sager

May 25, 2020, 9:01:38 PM5/25/20
to Netty discussions
Hello,

I am trying to communicate from Adobe Air to one of my Netty Servers.

It seems like everything works fine until I am transferring characters out of the range of A-Z,0-9.  I'm trying to transfer a .png through raw data right?  I convert it to binary then the binary to a string.

The thing is:

When I send this binary converted to a string across the network from Adobe AS3 Air(Flash) to Java(Netty), many characters are corrupted and shifted.  I'll give example output:

Charcode(INDEX):(Sending Value):(RECEIVED VALUE)

Charcode0:137:137
Charcode1:80:80
Charcode2:78:78
Charcode3:71:71
Charcode4:13:13
Charcode5:10:10
Charcode6:26:26
Charcode7:10:10
Charcode8:0:0
Charcode9:0:0
Charcode10:0:0
Charcode11:13:13
Charcode12:73:73
Charcode13:72:72
Charcode14:68:68
Charcode15:82:82
Charcode16:0:0
Charcode17:0:0
Charcode18:0:0
Charcode19:61:61
Charcode20:0:0
Charcode21:0:0
Charcode22:0:0
Charcode23:60:60
Charcode24:8:8
Charcode25:6:6
Charcode26:0:0
Charcode27:0:0
Charcode28:0:0
Charcode29:213:195 ******** FIRST IRREGULARITY
Charcode30:62::149
Charcode31:178:62
Charcode32:76:178
Charcode33:0:76
Charcode34:0:0
Charcode35:8:0
Charcode36:63:8
Charcode37:73:63
Charcode38:68:73
Charcode39:65:68

Seems like most irregularities are when the initial character code is over a certain high number, it makes the transfer number be 195 and the next number is part of it, shifting the whole array down some.

Has anyone seen this before? Any clues?

I have 100,000 line of code software from 2012 I'm shifting from p2p to client<>server

,Jim