IPC and netsniff-ng

cwill...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2018, 3:57:40 PM3/3/18
to netsniff-ng
I'm transferring network traffic from a remote server to my local host using tcpdump writing to STDOUT | netcat.

remote: tcpdump -nni eth0 -w "-" | nc <serverIP> <port>

On the local host I'm attempting to collect the netcat output and use it as a STDIN with netsniff and replay it to a different port.

This method will collect about 100 packets before it stops. No errors just the collection statistics that follow ^C

nc -l <port> | netsniff --in "-" --mmap --out <port> -S 1GiB --silent

Am I hitting a limitation in netsniff that doesn't permit the use of STDIN in the fashion or is this possibly a IPC limitation?