Trafgen & mz

jack scholte

Apr 13, 2018, 4:04:17 AM4/13/18
to netsn...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Great tools but about:

Trafgen, with -b Option i.e. 100 Mbps results in microbursts. Thus a lot of packets with a very small intergap (us) and than some msec nothing. While testing a shaping policy, the queue couldn’t handle the microbursts. Fortunate I was able to use the intergap Option instead of bit rate.

Mausezahn: I was not able to use -a with the -b -A -B Option. Also a L3 dsfield would-be Nice.

Best regards

Jack

Vadim Kochan

Apr 13, 2018, 4:12:21 AM4/13/18
to netsniff-ng, jack.s...@gmail.com

Jack

Hi Jack!

Thank you for suggestions and report! Regarding trafgen -b option you mean that is would be better
if the packets delay was better normalized regarding the rate ?

Regards,
Vadim Kochan

jack scholte

Apr 13, 2018, 4:45:23 AM4/13/18
to Vadim Kochan, netsniff-ng
Hi vadim,

Yes. So the bitrate should represent the avarage and peakrate. Than we know that the intergap is a constant value.

Regards Jack

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone