Not able to set rate or bandwidth.. Urgent help!

Kishor Parvatikar

Jul 22, 2022, 3:44:00 AM7/22/22
to netsniff-ng

Hi All,

I have a requirement of sending tcp traffic with 1GBps. I generated my cnf file using the pcap I had. When I am using trafgen to generate traffic, but when I specify -b option I am getting an error saying invalid option.

Below is my output

trafgen --dev vnic100 -b 1GB --conf tcp.cfg

trafgen: invalid option -- 'b'

Unknown option character `0x62'!

trafgen --dev vnic100 --rate 1GB --conf tcp.cfg

trafgen: unrecognized option '--rate'

I tried the same with rate option, got the same error.. what am I missing here?

Vadym Kochan

Sep 8, 2022, 10:11:39 AM9/8/22
to netsn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kishor,

Sorry for such a late reply.

May be you use older the version which does not support this option.