[ANNOUNCE] netsniff-ng v0.6.5

Tobias Klauser

Sep 20, 2018, 7:51:27 AM9/20/18
to netsn...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Borkmann
It is our pleasure to announce the release of netsniff-ng 0.6.5!

There hasn't been a tree freeze this time. There weren't any critical
changes and the overall number of changes is small. I'll keep the
release procedure that way as long as the inflow of new changes an
issues remains that low, i.e. there will be a new release every once in
a while once enough changes have accumulated.

The summary of changes and the short log of all changes since v0.6.4 can
be found below and also on github at

https://github.com/netsniff-ng/netsniff-ng/releases/tag/v0.6.5

Thanks to all contributors for this release:

Daniel Roberson, Markus Amend, Matteo Croce, Nick Grauel, Petr Machata,
Radoslav Bodo, Ondřej Gajdušek

Happy packet sniffing!

---

netsniff-ng 0.6.5 (Spiral Staircase) has been released to the public.

It can be fetched via Git:

git clone git://github.com/netsniff-ng/netsniff-ng.git
git checkout v0.6.5

Or via HTTP from one of our mirrors:

http://pub.netsniff-ng.org/netsniff-ng/netsniff-ng-0.6.5.tar.gz
http://mirror.distanz.ch/netsniff-ng/netsniff-ng-0.6.5.tar.gz
http://github.com/netsniff-ng/netsniff-ng/archive/v0.6.5.tar.gz

The release can be verified via Git (see README):

git tag -v v0.6.5

Contributions since last release:

16 Tobias Klauser
2 Daniel Roberson
1 Radoslav Bodo
1 Petr Machata
1 Nick Grauel
1 Matteo Croce
1 Markus Amend

Git changelog since last release:

Tobias Klauser (16):
bpf: don't use builtin memset/memcpy in bpf_parse_rules
ring: use xzmalloc_aligned
geoip: store GeoIP files in $(PREFIX)/share by default
trafgen: don't close dev_out and dev_in in parent process
trafgen: fix signedness warning in cleanup_packets
all: drop fmem{cpy,set}
make: consider $DESTDIR when creating $DATDIR
trafgen: support dumping IPv6 protocol header command
AUTHORS: add Daniel Roberson
man: netsniff-ng: document time formats for -o/--out
AUTHORS: add Petr Machata
man: reformat all man pages
AUTHORS: add Nick Grauel
AUTHORS: add Radoslav Bodo
AUTHORS: add Matteo Croce
netsniff-ng v0.6.5

Daniel Roberson (2):
mausezahn: fix strtok() segfault if s or m are missing
netsniff-ng: add date format strings to --out

Markus Amend (1):
netsniff-ng: add DCCP support

Matteo Croce (1):
mausezahn: improve random mac address generation

Nick Grauel (1):
mausezahn: Restore handling of raw hex string passed in on command line

Petr Machata (1):
mausezahn: Fix IPv6 address comparison

Radoslav Bodo (1):
trafgen: support ICMPv6 checksums