This is not designated as 'stable', and any use on production systems is
totally at your own risk. Of course, if you're prepared to take that
risk, production testing could be very useful in producing a stable 2.16
Unlike past releases, this release candidate has not yet been placed on
"http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/", although it will hopefully be on June
If you'd like to try out the latest 2.16 prerelease code
(which may or may not be later than 2.16rc2), you can look at
For details of upgrade options and download locations see
Don't forget to also read the release notes at docs/rel_notes.txt within
the downloaded archive or at http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/rel_notes.txt
(although the website version is always what's currently in CVS).
There have been various documentation updates since rc1, including
documentation on customising templates, however there are known issues
remaining with the documentation and hence it is likely to be updated
Fixes since RC1:
- queryhelp no longer shows confidential products.
(bug 93167, 148687)
- Fixed possible cross site scripting attacks on the edit users page
(which is a problem only if users are able to bless other users).
- Bugzilla did not unescape URL parameter names, which meant that some
browsers (NetPositive) would have problems, including possibly
removing confidentiality restrictions, and not working with advanced
- The data directory gets the correct permissions set by checksetup.pl
- Banner HTML and Entry Header HTML are separate templates again.
(bug 142890, 148919)
- Fixed problems under Windows with the product change page.
- Prevented a web server log warning that can occur for new users doing
- The query page no longer can die for users currently without a cookie.
- The webdotbase parameter is now properly documented, ie you may need
to make .htaccess changes when you alter it.
- Fixed an ugly HTML error on the entry page.
- Midair collisions will no longer double line feeds.
- A default background is specified again.
- Sorting order on the choose product page is now right.
- Non-admins who can bless other users now have an edit users link in
- The bug sort order on votes on the bug list page is now correct again.
- Fixed script errors under IE when selecting multiple products on the
- Fixed HTML compliance issues.
- The describe components page, change columns page, and product change
page (on bug entry) had logged out footers.
(bug 145113, 149964, 144165)
- Describe components displayed the wrong components if you had access
to only one product.
- Dependency tree no longer eats all available memory if there's a
circular dependency (ie database corruption).
- Prevented web server log warnings generated by dependency tree.
- Don't give special styling to confidential bugs if usebuggroups is on.
- Multiple template formats now work properly with the bug entry page.
- Template module tests in checksetup.pl are now properly ordered.