Why is my SeaMonkey crashing randomly a lot these days?

1 view

Ant

Mar 31, 2023, 3:12:53 AM3/31/23
https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-808e8ecd-2f28-4bab-983f-77acc0230330
https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-e2b77063-1943-4894-a495-646aa0230331
https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-73e46269-eeac-4801-bfc8-96eb10230330
https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-15080593-d34b-4f39-a167-eb5ee0230329
https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-1fe6cfe6-1c72-44a9-ba1c-ca4ff0230328
etc. I hope someone can figure out what are causing the crashes in my
updated, 64-bit W10 Pro. PC. I already tried rebooting too! It started
like over a week ago. I also tried clearing my histories, cookies,
caches, etc. I don't want lose my Library with bookmarks and their
custom notes. :(

Any ideas? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you." --John 13:13-15. Many updates & digital bugs & good new space scifi TV (SW & ST) eps. this wk. No E3 4 2023 -- RIP?
| |o o| |

Tristan Miller

Mar 31, 2023, 4:08:57 AM3/31/23
Greetings.

On 2023-03-31 09:12, Ant wrote:
> etc. I hope someone can figure out what are causing the crashes in my
> updated, 64-bit W10 Pro. PC. I already tried rebooting too! It started
> like over a week ago. I also tried clearing my histories, cookies,
> caches, etc. I don't want lose my Library with bookmarks and their
> custom notes. :(
>
> Any ideas? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

I've also been experiencing very frequent random crashes, starting a few
days ago, using SeaMonkey 2.53.16b1 on openSUSE Tumbleweed (x86-64). If
our problems are related, then the problem isn't OS-specific.

Regards,
Tristan

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Tristan Miller

Don Spam's Reckless Son

Mar 31, 2023, 4:43:54 AM3/31/23
Ant wrote:
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-808e8ecd-2f28-4bab-983f-77acc0230330
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-e2b77063-1943-4894-a495-646aa0230331
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-73e46269-eeac-4801-bfc8-96eb10230330
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-15080593-d34b-4f39-a167-eb5ee0230329
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-1fe6cfe6-1c72-44a9-ba1c-ca4ff0230328
> etc. I hope someone can figure out what are causing the crashes in my
> updated, 64-bit W10 Pro. PC. I already tried rebooting too! It started
> like over a week ago. I also tried clearing my histories, cookies,
> caches, etc. I don't want lose my Library with bookmarks and their
> custom notes. :(
>
> Any ideas? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

You say what platform you are running on, but not which version of
Seamonkey. At least the crash reports make it clear you are on 2.53.15.
Now we need to see if 2.53.16 fixes the problem.

Tristan Miller

Mar 31, 2023, 7:15:44 AM3/31/23
Greetings.

On 2023-03-31 10:08, Tristan Miller wrote:
> I've also been experiencing very frequent random crashes, starting a few
> days ago, using SeaMonkey 2.53.16b1 on openSUSE Tumbleweed (x86-64).

Still getting crashes (segmentation faults) with SeaMonkey 2.53.16,
released today. I don't know how to reproduce them; sometimes they
happen when the browser is left unattended.

The problems did start after a system update a few days ago. (That
update did not involve upgrading SeaMonkey.)

gerry 666uk

Mar 31, 2023, 3:23:02 PM3/31/23
The crash reports don't make sense to me, it's just a list of what was
running. Where is the actual crash?

If you're on Windows, go to Event Viewer, Application log, date / time
of crash, you should see similar crash report.

Ant

Mar 31, 2023, 4:26:10 PM3/31/23
In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Tristan Miller <psych...@nothingisreal.com> wrote:
> Greetings.

> On 2023-03-31 10:08, Tristan Miller wrote:
> > I've also been experiencing very frequent random crashes, starting a few
> > days ago, using SeaMonkey 2.53.16b1 on openSUSE Tumbleweed (x86-64).

> Still getting crashes (segmentation faults) with SeaMonkey 2.53.16,
> released today. I don't know how to reproduce them; sometimes they
> happen when the browser is left unattended.

> The problems did start after a system update a few days ago. (That
> update did not involve upgrading SeaMonkey.)

What update was it?
--
"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you." --John 13:13-15. Is winter finally over since da sun is out & TGIF?

Ant

Mar 31, 2023, 4:26:29 PM3/31/23
Last night's .16 didn't fix it too. :(
--
"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you." --John 13:13-15. Is winter finally over since da sun is out & TGIF?

Ant

Mar 31, 2023, 4:27:08 PM3/31/23
Hmm, I thought the crash reporter was supposed to send crash dumps to SeaMonkey team. Did I miss something?
--
"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you." --John 13:13-15. Is winter finally over since da sun is out & TGIF?

gerry 666uk

Mar 31, 2023, 5:30:24 PM3/31/23
Ant wrote:

>>> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-808e8ecd-2f28-4bab-983f-77acc0230330

>> If you're on Windows, go to Event Viewer, Application log, date / time
>> of crash, you should see similar crash report.
>
> Hmm, I thought the crash reporter was supposed to send crash dumps to SeaMonkey team. Did I miss something?

Yes, but unless you have already figured it out, check the event log
instead.

Tristan Miller

Apr 1, 2023, 8:47:55 AM4/1/23
Greetings.

On 31/03/2023 22.26, Ant wrote:
> In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Tristan Miller <psych...@nothingisreal.com> wrote:
>> Greetings.
>
>> On 2023-03-31 10:08, Tristan Miller wrote:
>>> I've also been experiencing very frequent random crashes, starting a few
>>> days ago, using SeaMonkey 2.53.16b1 on openSUSE Tumbleweed (x86-64).
>

>> Still getting crashes (segmentation faults) with SeaMonkey 2.53.16,
>> released today. I don't know how to reproduce them; sometimes they
>> happen when the browser is left unattended.
>
>> The problems did start after a system update a few days ago. (That
>> update did not involve upgrading SeaMonkey.)
>
> What update was it?

It was either 20230319-2173.1 to 20230324-2179.1 or 20230324-2179.1 to
20230328-2189.1. (I didn't use the computer much between 24 March and
28 March, so I can't say for sure whether SeaMonkey was crashing then.)

Ant

Apr 1, 2023, 5:13:48 PM4/1/23
I don't see anything in my updated 64-bit W10 Pro's event logs? Are they
supposed to record SM's crashes? :(
--
"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength." --1 Corinthians 1:25. Ant is no longer a COVID19 virgin b4 getting his 6th Moderna (2nd booster vaccine) & after hanging out with mostly unmasked humans recently. Tests confirmed with April Fools.

Don Spam's Reckless Son

Apr 2, 2023, 5:31:17 AM4/2/23
Ant wrote:
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-808e8ecd-2f28-4bab-983f-77acc0230330
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-e2b77063-1943-4894-a495-646aa0230331
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-73e46269-eeac-4801-bfc8-96eb10230330
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-15080593-d34b-4f39-a167-eb5ee0230329
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-1fe6cfe6-1c72-44a9-ba1c-ca4ff0230328
> etc. I hope someone can figure out what are causing the crashes in my
> updated, 64-bit W10 Pro. PC. I already tried rebooting too! It started
> like over a week ago. I also tried clearing my histories, cookies,
> caches, etc. I don't want lose my Library with bookmarks and their
> custom notes. :(
>
> Any ideas? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

To summarise,
- Ant is having this problem under Windows, with two different SM levels
- Tristan is having this problem under Linux, multiple SM levels.

Nobody else has indicated that they are affected.

I had a memory problem several years ago which manifested itself this
way, but the fact that the problem hit both Ant and Tristan at around
the same time makes this unlikely.

I also had the problem where anything involving audio caused SM to die,
but that problem ceased with 2.53.16 and was pretty much Linux Only.

Possibly some arcane setting in about:config ? There are two settings
you have to make in order to download add-ons from Github, and then
clear again afterwards. Something like that?
(they are dom.webcomponents.customelements.enabled and
dom.webcomponents.enabled)

All very strange.

Ant

Apr 3, 2023, 12:54:25 AM4/3/23

It looks like the issue is resolved. Basically, I disabled both memory
and disk caches, deleted SM's storage\default, and webappsstore.sqlite.
No crashes. And then, I re-enabled both caches. Still no crashes so far.
Maybe something was corrupted to crash?

In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-808e8ecd-2f28-4bab-983f-77acc0230330
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-e2b77063-1943-4894-a495-646aa0230331
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-73e46269-eeac-4801-bfc8-96eb10230330
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-15080593-d34b-4f39-a167-eb5ee0230329
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-1fe6cfe6-1c72-44a9-ba1c-ca4ff0230328
> etc. I hope someone can figure out what are causing the crashes in my
> updated, 64-bit W10 Pro. PC. I already tried rebooting too! It started
> like over a week ago. I also tried clearing my histories, cookies,
> caches, etc. I don't want lose my Library with bookmarks and their
> custom notes. :(

> Any ideas? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"Now Judas, who betrayed him, knew the place, because Jesus had often met there with his disciples." --John 18:2. It's Psalm Sunday of Holy week after a nice quiet April 1st until its late night. Spring finally came late, but "summer" is next week. :O

Ant

Apr 4, 2023, 12:47:14 AM4/4/23
Hmm, I had one today. Hmm!

In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:

> It looks like the issue is resolved. Basically, I disabled both memory
> and disk caches, deleted SM's storage\default, and webappsstore.sqlite.
> No crashes. And then, I re-enabled both caches. Still no crashes so far.
> Maybe something was corrupted to crash?

> In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
> > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-808e8ecd-2f28-4bab-983f-77acc0230330
> > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-e2b77063-1943-4894-a495-646aa0230331
> > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-73e46269-eeac-4801-bfc8-96eb10230330
> > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-15080593-d34b-4f39-a167-eb5ee0230329
> > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-1fe6cfe6-1c72-44a9-ba1c-ca4ff0230328
> > etc. I hope someone can figure out what are causing the crashes in my
> > updated, 64-bit W10 Pro. PC. I already tried rebooting too! It started
> > like over a week ago. I also tried clearing my histories, cookies,
> > caches, etc. I don't want lose my Library with bookmarks and their
> > custom notes. :(

> > Any ideas? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

--
"Later, Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jews. With Pilate's permission, he came and took the body away. He was accompanied by Nicodemus, the man who earlier had visited Jesus at night." --John 19:38-39. Slammy coldy windy colony Holy Mon. after a mostly quiet weekend & sleeping >7 hrs.

Ant

Apr 4, 2023, 8:09:23 AM4/4/23
https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-655ec959-1c51-4c74-b6e6-ae8f70230404
https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-8e4d3b4e-ba19-426e-83fe-913a00230404
Twice in a row this early morning so I disabled caches again to see if they will still crash.

In netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
> Hmm, I had one today. Hmm!

> In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:

> > It looks like the issue is resolved. Basically, I disabled both memory
> > and disk caches, deleted SM's storage\default, and webappsstore.sqlite.
> > No crashes. And then, I re-enabled both caches. Still no crashes so far.
> > Maybe something was corrupted to crash?

> > In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
> > > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-808e8ecd-2f28-4bab-983f-77acc0230330
> > > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-e2b77063-1943-4894-a495-646aa0230331
> > > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-73e46269-eeac-4801-bfc8-96eb10230330
> > > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-15080593-d34b-4f39-a167-eb5ee0230329
> > > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-1fe6cfe6-1c72-44a9-ba1c-ca4ff0230328
> > > etc. I hope someone can figure out what are causing the crashes in my
> > > updated, 64-bit W10 Pro. PC. I already tried rebooting too! It started
> > > like over a week ago. I also tried clearing my histories, cookies,
> > > caches, etc. I don't want lose my Library with bookmarks and their
> > > custom notes. :(

> > > Any ideas? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord." --John 20:19. :) Warner Bro(ther)s is a century/100 yrs. old now. :O

Don Spam's Reckless Son

Apr 4, 2023, 12:49:51 PM4/4/23
Ant wrote:
> Hmm, I had one today. Hmm!
>

> In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
>
>> It looks like the issue is resolved. Basically, I disabled both memory
>> and disk caches, deleted SM's storage\default, and webappsstore.sqlite.
>> No crashes. And then, I re-enabled both caches. Still no crashes so far.
>> Maybe something was corrupted to crash?
>

>> In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
>>> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-808e8ecd-2f28-4bab-983f-77acc0230330
>>> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-e2b77063-1943-4894-a495-646aa0230331
>>> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-73e46269-eeac-4801-bfc8-96eb10230330
>>> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-15080593-d34b-4f39-a167-eb5ee0230329
>>> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-1fe6cfe6-1c72-44a9-ba1c-ca4ff0230328
>>> etc. I hope someone can figure out what are causing the crashes in my
>>> updated, 64-bit W10 Pro. PC. I already tried rebooting too! It started
>>> like over a week ago. I also tried clearing my histories, cookies,
>>> caches, etc. I don't want lose my Library with bookmarks and their
>>> custom notes. :(
>
>>> Any ideas? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

I was looking at your list of add-ons:

1 ubl...@raymondhill.net: 1.16.4.30
2 expire-hist...@bonardo.net: 1.2.0
3 open...@darktrojan.net: 6.8.6
4 {8a6c82a1-f6c9-481a-aae7-c96444c9a754}: 7.1.1
5 insp...@mozilla.org: 2.0.19
6 mod...@themes.mozilla.org: 2.53.16

I use "1" myself, "5" and "6" are obviously harmless (I use the Default
theme myself).
That leaves "2", "3" and "4" (wtf is "4"?)
You could probably disable "2" for a while and see what happens, but
comparing your list with Tristan's could also possibly be helpful.
Disabling "3" would be a problem for you, as for "4" - really, wtf is it?

The way my Seamonkey was generated, I don't have that crash information
anyway (no about:crashes at all). If it was possible there would have
been enough of them from when I had 2.53.15.

Mark Bourne

Apr 4, 2023, 3:39:05 PM4/4/23
Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
> Ant wrote:
>> Hmm, I had one today. Hmm!
>
> I was looking at your list of add-ons:
>
> 1    ubl...@raymondhill.net: 1.16.4.30
> 2    expire-hist...@bonardo.net: 1.2.0
> 3    open...@darktrojan.net: 6.8.6
> 4    {8a6c82a1-f6c9-481a-aae7-c96444c9a754}: 7.1.1
> 5    insp...@mozilla.org: 2.0.19
> 6    mod...@themes.mozilla.org: 2.53.16
>
> I use "1" myself, "5" and "6" are obviously harmless (I use the Default
> theme myself).
> That leaves "2", "3" and "4" (wtf is "4"?)
> You could probably disable "2" for a while and see what happens, but
> comparing your list with Tristan's could also possibly be helpful.
> Disabling "3" would be a problem for you, as for "4" - really, wtf is it?
>
> The way my Seamonkey was generated, I don't have that crash information
> anyway (no about:crashes at all).  If it was possible there would have
> been enough of them from when I had 2.53.15.

8a6c82a1-f6c9-481a-aae7-c96444c9a754 appears to be the ID of the PrefBar
extension. That doesn't seem to be available from
<https://addons.thunderbird.net/seamonkey/>, and I'm not sure where the
official download for it is, but
<http://prefbar.tuxfamily.org/archive.html> says:
> Please be aware, that PrefBar is no longer maintained! It is not recommend to install any of these versions!
> They most probably don't work well with current versions of SeaMonkey and they won't install at all on Firefox 57 and above!

7.1.1 is the latest version listed, released in 2017 so pretty old. I'm
not sure why it would have suddenly started causing problems without
having updated SeaMonkey, but could be worth seeing if disabling it
stops the crashes. Maybe a configuration change could have triggered
something that wasn't a problem before.

--
Mark.

Ant

Apr 4, 2023, 4:31:30 PM4/4/23
Darn it. SM crashed again with disabled and cleared caches. :(

In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-655ec959-1c51-4c74-b6e6-ae8f70230404
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-8e4d3b4e-ba19-426e-83fe-913a00230404
> Twice in a row this early morning so I disabled caches again to see if they will still crash.

> In netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
> > Hmm, I had one today. Hmm!

> > In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:

> > > It looks like the issue is resolved. Basically, I disabled both memory
> > > and disk caches, deleted SM's storage\default, and webappsstore.sqlite.
> > > No crashes. And then, I re-enabled both caches. Still no crashes so far.
> > > Maybe something was corrupted to crash?

--
"On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord." --John 20:19. WB is 100! HTTP 404 error not found day!

Ant

Apr 4, 2023, 4:33:59 PM4/4/23
Yeah, PrefBar. Well, I was using it a few weeks ago and before without issues. :/
--
"On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord." --John 20:19. WB is 100! HTTP 404 error not found day!

Tristan Miller

Apr 5, 2023, 1:44:43 AM4/5/23
Greetings.

On 2023-04-02 11:31, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
> To summarise,
> - Ant is having this problem under Windows, with two different SM levels
> - Tristan is having this problem under Linux, multiple SM levels.

I'm now able to reproduce the problem fairly consistently -- namely, by
watching YouTube videos. The interesting thing is that it's not just
SeaMonkey that crashes when I try to watch a video, but also Firefox,
Chromium, and Google Chrome. So my problem definitely isn't specific to
SeaMonkey. All of these browsers end up segfaulting. I imagine the
problem must be either in some media codec that all the browsers are
using, or something even lower-level like the X server or the kernel.

Dave Yeo

Apr 5, 2023, 2:22:56 AM4/5/23
Tristan Miller wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> On 2023-04-02 11:31, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
>> To summarise,
>> - Ant is having this problem under Windows, with two different SM levels
>> - Tristan is having this problem under Linux, multiple SM levels.
>

> I'm now able to reproduce the problem fairly consistently -- namely, by
> watching YouTube videos. The interesting thing is that it's not just
> SeaMonkey that crashes when I try to watch a video, but also Firefox,
> Chromium, and Google Chrome. So my problem definitely isn't specific to
> SeaMonkey. All of these browsers end up segfaulting. I imagine the
> problem must be either in some media codec that all the browsers are
> using, or something even lower-level like the X server or the kernel.

If you get the chance before the crash, perhaps click pause, right click
on the video and choose "Stats for Nerds". It will show you the codecs
the video is using. Perhaps a problem with AV1, which seems pretty
resource hungry.
Dave

gerry 666uk

Apr 6, 2023, 2:16:38 PM4/6/23
Ant wrote:

> I don't see anything in my updated 64-bit W10 Pro's event logs? Are they
> supposed to record SM's crashes? :(

Perhaps clarify where you are looking?

Every version of Windows has thousands of entries in the Event logs, you
are saying you "don't see anything"?

Ant

Apr 6, 2023, 5:39:27 PM4/6/23
In alt.comp.software.seamonkey gerry 666uk <gerry...@protonmail.com> wrote:
I checked with sorted chronlogical order right after each crash. I just don't
see any crashes recorded in W10's event logs.
--
"Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul." --1 Peter 2:11. RIP, ext. Seagate 5 TB portable HDD (Model: SRD0NF1)? :( GM(aundy) & TGIGFE on a Holy wk. :)

gerry 666uk

Apr 7, 2023, 11:26:33 AM4/7/23
Ant wrote:

>> Every version of Windows has thousands of entries in the Event logs, you
>> are saying you "don't see anything"?

> I checked with sorted chronlogical order right after each crash. I just don't
> see any crashes recorded in W10's event logs.

Ok, that makes sense. Did you check both Application Log and System Log?

Seamonkey has it's own crash handler, so it's possible that the internal
handler is preventing the crash details from getting to the Windows
Event Log. It could also be that it works differently in Windows 10,
e.g. crash dumps are disabled by default (or something).

Ant

Apr 7, 2023, 12:25:02 PM4/7/23
In alt.comp.software.seamonkey gerry 666uk <gerry...@protonmail.com> wrote:
> Ant wrote:

> >> Every version of Windows has thousands of entries in the Event logs, you
> >> are saying you "don't see anything"?

> > I checked with sorted chronlogical order right after each crash. I just don't
> > see any crashes recorded in W10's event logs.

> Ok, that makes sense. Did you check both Application Log and System Log?

Yes.

> Seamonkey has it's own crash handler, so it's possible that the internal
> handler is preventing the crash details from getting to the Windows
> Event Log. It could also be that it works differently in Windows 10,
> e.g. crash dumps are disabled by default (or something).

Hmm, how can we get these dumps?
--
"Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is." --Amos 5:14. TGIGF, but2 many tech issues on a Holy wk!

gerry 666uk

Apr 9, 2023, 3:59:45 AM4/9/23
Ant wrote:

>> Seamonkey has it's own crash handler

> Hmm, how can we get these dumps?

If there's nothing in the Event log, check these

about:crashes
in case it shows more than in your hyperlinked reports
%profile%/crashes
directory within the Seamonkey profile that was in use at the time of
the crash
%profile%/minidumps
directory within the Seamonkey profile that was in use at the time of
the crash

Ant

Apr 9, 2023, 12:59:38 PM4/9/23
In alt.comp.software.seamonkey gerry 666uk <gerry...@protonmail.com> wrote:
I already shared those submitted about:crashes links last week. :)
--
"O LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief." --Psalm 143:1. Easter eve & 2 finally clean, fix, & upgrade my PCs!

gerry 666uk

Apr 10, 2023, 2:33:53 PM4/10/23
Ant wrote:

>> If there's nothing in the Event log, check these
>
>> about:crashes
>> in case it shows more than in your hyperlinked reports
>> %profile%/crashes
>> directory within the Seamonkey profile that was in use at the time of
>> the crash
>> %profile%/minidumps
>> directory within the Seamonkey profile that was in use at the time of
>> the crash
>
> I already shared those submitted about:crashes links last week. :)

The submitted ones were hyperlinked from the seamonkey crashes server.
Does the about:crashes show the same thing, they should be local?

What about the 'crashes' dir and the 'minidumps' dir?

Ant

Apr 10, 2023, 5:47:11 PM4/10/23
In netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey gerry 666uk <gerry...@protonmail.com> wrote:
> Ant wrote:

> >> Seamonkey has it's own crash handler

> > Hmm, how can we get these dumps?

> If there's nothing in the Event log, check these

> about:crashes
> in case it shows more than in your hyperlinked reports
> %profile%/crashes

Only links of my crash reports that I uploaded to the server.

> directory within the Seamonkey profile that was in use at the time of
> the crash
> %profile%/minidumps
> directory within the Seamonkey profile that was in use at the time of
> the crash

I only see C:\Users\ant\AppData\Local\CrashDumps, C:\Users\ant\AppData\Local\CrashRpt, and C:\Users\ant\AppData\Local\CrashReportClient. I don't think those are it. Am I missing something?
--
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." --Colossians 2:6. Slammy Easter weekend and maybe new week. :(

gerry 666uk

Apr 11, 2023, 1:53:39 PM4/11/23
Ant wrote:

>> directory within the Seamonkey profile that was in use at the time of
>> the crash
>> %profile%/minidumps
>> directory within the Seamonkey profile that was in use at the time of
>> the crash

> I only see C:\Users\ant\AppData\Local\CrashDumps, C:\Users\ant\AppData\Local\CrashRpt, and C:\Users\ant\AppData\Local\CrashReportClient. I don't think those are it. Am I missing something?

You are supposed to be checking in you Seamonkey profile, not your
Windows profile.

Ant

Apr 11, 2023, 4:58:24 PM4/11/23
In alt.comp.software.seamonkey gerry 666uk <gerry...@protonmail.com> wrote:
Ah. My SM's minidumps profile is empty.
--
"These [religious rules about what you eat and drink, keeping festivals and special Sabbath days] are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." --Colossians 2:17. Slammy Easter weekend and new week so far with peey and poopy Monday. :(

Ant

Apr 11, 2023, 6:34:47 PM4/11/23
In netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:

> > > I only see C:\Users\ant\AppData\Local\CrashDumps, C:\Users\ant\AppData\Local\CrashRpt, and C:\Users\ant\AppData\Local\CrashReportClient. I don't think those are it. Am I missing something?

> > You are supposed to be checking in you Seamonkey profile, not your
> > Windows profile.

> Ah. My SM's minidumps profile is empty.

OK, I found and uploaded them BEFORE (submit/upload)ing the reports. I
copied and uploaded them into my http://zimage.com/~ant/temp/SMcrashes/.
I hope those help? WinDbg says it is related to xul.dll. :/
--
"These [religious rules about what you eat and drink, keeping festivals and special Sabbath days] are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." --Colossians 2:17. Slammy Easter weekend and new week so far with its peey and poopy Monday and spams. :(

Ant

Apr 16, 2023, 3:58:39 PM4/16/23
Strange! SM hasn't crashed randomly for days. :O I'm sure they will be
back after I post this. :P

In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-808e8ecd-2f28-4bab-983f-77acc0230330
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-e2b77063-1943-4894-a495-646aa0230331
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-73e46269-eeac-4801-bfc8-96eb10230330
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-15080593-d34b-4f39-a167-eb5ee0230329
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-1fe6cfe6-1c72-44a9-ba1c-ca4ff0230328
> etc. I hope someone can figure out what are causing the crashes in my
> updated, 64-bit W10 Pro. PC. I already tried rebooting too! It started
> like over a week ago. I also tried clearing my histories, cookies,
> caches, etc. I don't want lose my Library with bookmarks and their
> custom notes. :(

> Any ideas? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever." --Psalm 145:1-2. Is spring break & winter over yet? :) (Orthodox) Easter again! Beat Grizzlies, Lakers!