2003-04-09 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Gervase Markham

unread,
Apr 14, 2003, 5:12:49 PM4/14/03
to st...@mozilla.org
2003-04-09 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting
-------------------------------------------------

[Apologies for the missing week; the notes got lost.]

Present: Myk, Asa, Seth, Marcia, Mitchell, Scott, Chris, Gerv.

*1.4 beta update*

- It needs some attention from drivers to make sure we find blockers
early.
- We have a pretty good list of stuff that slipped 1.3 and 1.4a.

*1.3.1 update*

- Almost everything is wrapped up for this

*Roadmap*

- Recent contact from a few companies using Mozilla technology which had
questions about the new roadmap
- Asa to send to staff a list of companies which have contacted us

*Any news on people wanting to continue app-suite development?*

- There's a few people interested, but it's a big task
- People should contact staff if they are interested

*Confirm that next meeting will be Monday 1pm PST*

- Yep.

*Documentation/website?*

- What can we do to make things better?
- Debate over whether or not to decouple issues of navigation/site
structure from issues of supporting technology and tackle them
separately
- We could set up test server at test.mozilla.org for playing around
with.
- Try and build something
- Technology needs to be easy to use, and have good revision history
- Gerv and Chris to talk about technology

David Tenser

unread,
Apr 14, 2003, 5:36:11 PM4/14/03
to
On 2003-04-14 23:12 Gervase Markham wrote:
> 2003-04-09 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting
> *Confirm that next meeting will be Monday 1pm PST*
>
> - Yep.

I love that one! ;)

>
> *Documentation/website?*
>
> - What can we do to make things better?
> - Debate over whether or not to decouple issues of navigation/site
> structure from issues of supporting technology and tackle them
> separately
> - We could set up test server at test.mozilla.org for playing around
> with.
> - Try and build something
> - Technology needs to be easy to use, and have good revision history
> - Gerv and Chris to talk about technology
>

What was the result of this discussion? Are there any ideas or plans on
improving the site?

/ David

Brant Langer Gurganus

unread,
Apr 14, 2003, 6:51:02 PM4/14/03
to
Gervase Markham wrote:

> - What can we do to make things better?

We need some strong-minded people to make things happen (I'm not one) as
we are for the browser suite. There have been many debates in the past,
but nothing has ever really gotten done because no direction is established.

> - We could set up test server at test.mozilla.org for playing around
> with.

As I think I had suggested this, it would be a great thing to do
(perhaps permanently). validator.w3.org has their testing server done
at port 8080 (I think that's the right number) and OpenOffice.org has a
/tryout folder.

--
Brant Langer Gurganus
Default QA Contact, Calendar
Default QA Contact, Tech Evangelism

Boris Zbarsky

unread,
Apr 14, 2003, 7:24:49 PM4/14/03
to
Brant Langer Gurganus wrote:

> We need some strong-minded people to make things happen (I'm not one) as
> we are for the browser suite. There have been many debates in the past,
> but nothing has ever really gotten done because no direction is
> established.

What we need most is a simple way for documentation authors to make it
findable and available... At this point I've spent more time thinking
about where to put the uriloader documentation, how to make it findable,
what my options are, sending mails, newsgroup posts, etc. than I've
spent time writing said documentation....

-Boris

ralph

unread,
Apr 14, 2003, 10:31:09 PM4/14/03
to Boris Zbarsky
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> What we need most is a simple way for documentation authors
> to make it findable and available...

Why not set up a Wiki expressly for evolving the indices
and other ways to navigate the information space? Once
it's clearer how it should look, the info can be moved
to a more traditional web site software and the Wiki can
be decommissioned.

--
ralph

Bryan Welllnder

unread,
Apr 15, 2003, 11:15:55 PM4/15/03
to
Gervase Markham <ge...@mozilla.org> wrote in message news:<3E9B2451...@mozilla.org>...

Hi,
We do not need a 1.3.1 it make no sence 1.3 works fine.
Thank You.

David Tenser

unread,
Apr 16, 2003, 5:53:41 AM4/16/03
to

Why making such statements when you clearly have no idea of what you're
talking about?

/ David

--

Thank you for using Mozilla. Please note that n.p.m.* newsgroups are for
developers only (yes, yes, the word 'public' is misleading). Mozilla
end-user questions should be directed to:

snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.mozilla.user.general
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.mozilla.user.win32
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.mozilla.user.mac
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.mozilla.user.unix
(Note that you need to have SSL enabled and the port set to 563.)

Before reporting any RFE (request for enhancement) or bug (software
error), please first check if it has been filed in the following
locations:

MozDev.org Wishlist
http://wishlist.mozdev.org/
Buzilla Most Frequently Reported Bugs
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/duplicates.cgi
Mozilla Commonly Requested Features
http://www.mozilla.org/wishlist-faq.html

Thank you for using Mozilla. We appreciate your help in making Mozilla a
better
browser.

David Spade

unread,
Apr 16, 2003, 12:12:10 PM4/16/03
to
On 16/04/2003 05:53, David Tenser wrote:
> On 2003-04-16 05:15 Bryan Welllnder wrote:
>
[snip]
>
> / David
>
> - -
>
> Thank you for using Mozilla. Please note that n.p.m.* newsgroups are for
> developers only (yes, yes, the word 'public' is misleading). Mozilla
> end-user questions should be directed to:
>
> snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.mozilla.user.general
> snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.mozilla.user.win32
> snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.mozilla.user.mac
> snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.mozilla.user.unix
> (Note that you need to have SSL enabled and the port set to 563.)
>
> Before reporting any RFE (request for enhancement) or bug (software
> error), please first check if it has been filed in the following
> locations:
>
> MozDev.org Wishlist
> http://wishlist.mozdev.org/
> Buzilla Most Frequently Reported Bugs
> http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/duplicates.cgi
> Mozilla Commonly Requested Features
> http://www.mozilla.org/wishlist-faq.html
>
> Thank you for using Mozilla. We appreciate your help in making Mozilla a better
> browser.

Holy sigfile, Batman!

-=Straxus=-

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages