SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2022-06-05

Ant

Jun 3, 2022, 8:47:35 PM6/3/22
https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2022-06-05
--
Slammy Thurs. GSW failed to beat Boston Celtics in game #1! Will da 1st
PCR test result B negative like da home test results?
this signature correctly.
/\___/\ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
/ /\ /\ \
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

meagain

Jun 14, 2022, 9:16:20 AM6/14/22
Jun 14, 2022, 9:57:14 AM6/14/22
1 - Javascript extensions implemented by Chrome
2 - Javascript extensions implemented by Chrome
3 - Browser sniffing (was higher on the list)
4 - Javascript extensions implemented by Chrome

(Firefox has enough resources to implement Chrome's JS extensions, but
Seamonkey does not and the two browsers are not as compatible as they
used to be)

--
This mail has been tested by https://RKIvirus.com/ and has been found to
contain Covid-19. Disinfect after reading.

nntp test

Jun 20, 2022, 12:52:56 AM6/20/22
04.06.2022 6:47, Ant пишет:
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2022-06-05
gregdfsgewr

meagain

Aug 6, 2022, 4:11:07 PM8/6/22
>> Is there a list of causes of "website breakage?" It has to be the
>> single most important thing that causes people to migrate to other
>> browsers.
>
> 1 - Javascript extensions implemented by Chrome
> 2 - Javascript extensions implemented by Chrome
> 3 - Browser sniffing (was higher on the list)
> 4 - Javascript extensions implemented by Chrome
>
> (Firefox has enough resources to implement Chrome's JS extensions, but
> Seamonkey does not and the two browsers are not as compatible as they
> used to be)

Are these extensions open source? Secure? Optimized?

--
.

Don Spam's Reckless Son

Aug 8, 2022, 6:18:50 AM8/8/22
First a disclaimer, I'm writing about something I have no personal
experience of - I don't even know JavaScript. Any knowledge I have
comes from reading various posts here in the old and new Seamonkey groups.
Google has added new functions and operators to JavaScript. These have
been implemented in Chrome and propagated to the various Chrome-based
browsers.
This has forced Firefox to follow suit. Seamonkey used to be very close
to Firefox, but Firefox have made so many changes - a lot of them on
things which would have been better left alone - that the code-bases
have diverged, an ongoing process. Adapting these Firefox updates to
Seamonkey is not as trivial as one would have hoped, and there are only
so many hours in a day.
Firefox is open source and I believe Chrome is as well, otherwise we
would not be seeing all these Chrome-derived browsers.
Are they secure? One would hope that they are, that is at least
partially down to the implementations.
Are they optimisations? Google would presumably argue that they are,
although some of them appear to have been made "because they can".

Back to the word "Secure". Once upon a time PDFs were considered
"safe". Then Adobe added all these wonderful features - such as
unvalidated database access - and we arrived at the current situation
where PDFs have to be treated like Word documents. Adobe no longer have
an Acrobat Reader for Linux, there are a whole bunch of other projects
to fill that need but none of those programs implement the full range of
features, some of them are simply too dangerous.

Don Spam's Reckless Son

Aug 8, 2022, 6:38:17 AM8/8/22
In the context of my previous reply,
https://devclass.com/2022/08/04/retire_javascript_says-json-creator-douglas-crockford/
is an interesting take on the subject. I ran across it a couple of
minutes ago.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/

meagain

Sep 5, 2022, 8:59:03 AM9/5/22
Before computers this class of problem was often addressed by laws and
enforcement.

--
.